Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Rail Connector?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2003, 09:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Rail Connector?

I have a 2002 Camaro/Firebird LS1 engine and I just noticed the small valve under a screw on cover on the driver's side rail (front end). What is this for? Would this be an appropriate place to put on a fuel pressure gauge? Anyone have an idea what the thread / size is for a fitting/adapter? Does the Shrader valve have to be removed as well? thanks...
Old 04-18-2003, 09:14 PM
TECH Regular

Default Re: Fuel Rail Connector?

The threads are a -4 fitting. You can hook up a guage ther if you want. Thats where the dealer hooks up.
Old 04-19-2003, 07:35 AM
Staging Lane

Test equipt hookup. Leave it a alone. FYI: Napa has standard fuel rail fittings for $10.00 that will allow you to mate a #6 hose to the rail. It's a quick disconnect setup.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Fastlane68:
<strong> I have a 2002 Camaro/Firebird LS1 engine and I just noticed the small valve under a screw on cover on the driver's side rail (front end). What is this for? Would this be an appropriate place to put on a fuel pressure gauge? Anyone have an idea what the thread / size is for a fitting/adapter? Does the Shrader valve have to be removed as well? thanks... </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
Old 04-21-2003, 06:49 AM
pmg
Teching In

Do you happen to know what the part number is for the NAPA fittings?

My local parts guy looks at me cross-eyed if I can't give him a year, make, model, and common part to look up...

Thanks,

Perry
Old 04-21-2003, 07:20 AM
Staging Lane

No I don't. NAPA has a little rack of standard fuel rail and heater hose fittings. It's on there and it's around $9.95. You don't have to ask them to get it from behind the counter.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by pmg:
<strong> Do you happen to know what the part number is for the NAPA fittings?

My local parts guy looks at me cross-eyed if I can't give him a year, make, model, and common part to look up...

Thanks,

Perry </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
Old 06-24-2005, 12:04 AM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by IronDonut
No I don't. NAPA has a little rack of standard fuel rail and heater hose fittings. It's on there and it's around $9.95. You don't have to ask them to get it from behind the counter.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by pmg:
<strong> Do you happen to know what the part number is for the NAPA fittings?

Thanks,

Perry </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
I looked in NAPA and even asked the guys and they haven't a clue what I am talking about. So I went to OReilly's and there they were hanging on the self..Ford, Chrysler...but no GM and they couldn't find it in their books.

The only source I have found is S&P version for $40 bucks. I have a plastic version that has a barbed end for a hose that I got from SpearTech, is this the only one out there?
Old 06-24-2005, 01:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

be careful messing with that. i had one come unscrewed on me while i was driving. ended up pouring 1/4 of gas out onto my engine bay before i realized what it was (windows up, and i had just filled up and gotten gasoline on my hands thanks to a ghetto pump)
Old 06-24-2005, 08:22 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MAVRIK
be careful messing with that. i had one come unscrewed on me while i was driving. ended up pouring 1/4 of gas out onto my engine bay before i realized what it was (windows up, and i had just filled up and gotten gasoline on my hands thanks to a ghetto pump)
Messing with what? What unscrewed? Can you clarify?
Old 06-24-2005, 02:52 PM
TECH Regular

russel makes a fitting and you can use a swagelock. i think the part numbers are posted in the FAQ sticky.
Old 06-24-2005, 03:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

ok, i was talking about the small valve under a screw on the driver's side rail

sorry, i shouldn't be typing that late at night...

anyways, when i pulled over, the cap was gone and only a part of the valve was still in the rail. i have no idea how it came undone, but it stucked.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:12 PM
Launching!

Well I can either purchase the connector from S&P for $40 or just take my fuel rail off and have an AN fitting brazed on it.

I am kind of tired of thinking about it and will just get the fuel rail modified.

Of course my time and gas money is worth something, and it might be a wash to just have the UPS man bring the connector.

As you can see I am still on the fence. Of course I still need a fitting for that water temp prob into the head. I don't want to drill and tap the head.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

I used a 3/8 to -6 Russell hard tube adapter. No problems in a year and a half of driving.

Click here for full size image
Old 06-27-2005, 11:36 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Scooter70
I used a 3/8 to -6 Russell hard tube adapter. No problems in a year and a half of driving.

Click here for full size image
Did the same with no probs.....
Old 06-27-2005, 01:35 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Fastlane68
I have a 2002 Camaro/Firebird LS1 engine and I just noticed the small valve under a screw on cover on the driver's side rail (front end). What is this for? Would this be an appropriate place to put on a fuel pressure gauge? Anyone have an idea what the thread / size is for a fitting/adapter? Does the Shrader valve have to be removed as well? thanks...
my friend on here NyToy removed the Shrader valve and used 3 to 5 couplings to attach his digital fuel pressure gage sending unit, it loosk funny sticking off the fuel rail a good 3 inches but it does the job without any mods, you can easily replace the valve if you removed the sending unit. to keep the fittings from leaking he used a gas-safe sealant and really had to crank the fittings quite hard, kinda scary since they are all so small, but now he has a fuel pressure gaube in the dash.

to remove the valve just take a small diameter rod and cut a slot in the end to unscrew the valve from the fuel rail.

good luck man.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SICMARO
Did the same with no probs.....
Same here. Works great.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by owen v8litew8
to remove the valve just take a small diameter rod and cut a slot in the end to unscrew the valve from the fuel rail.
or goto walmart/tirestore/bicycle store, and you'll find a removal tool near the valve stems.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:59 PM
TECH Regular

I used the S&P adaptor,a guage adaptor and FP guage from Summit
Old 06-29-2005, 01:20 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by pmg
Do you happen to know what the part number is for the NAPA fittings?

Thanks,

Perry
The part you are looking for that connects to the fuel rail is below. The cost for this part in Phoenix was 10.77.
Napa Part# = 730-4927
discription on part says= Chrysler,Ford,GM 3/8" Steel body Fuel line connector

hope that helps Roger,,,

Quick Reply: Fuel Rail Connector?