Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 ignition on old Pontiac engine?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 04:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1 ignition on old Pontiac engine?

Accumulating parts for a twin turbo Pontiac 461. Was wondering about using the ignition system from the LS1/LS2. If I used a MSD crank trigger and the individual coils for each cylinder along with an appropriate EFI system that controls the LS1 ignition, would I need anything else? Am I right in thinking this would eliminate the stock distributor? Do the EFI systems offered by FAST for the LS1 control everything about the ignition? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:14 PM
10 Second Club

i know that there is a conversion to carb kit out there with an MSD box that controls the coil packs. im sure someone knows what im talking about and will chime in. the only problem id see with it is the crank trigger, but if you can work it more power to you. the carbed LS1 swap was about $700 or so and i dont know if they sell just the electronics seperately from the intake, but i hope this helps ya
Old 12-13-2005, 06:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need a F.A.S.T. E-dist to control the coil packs.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:14 PM
Teching In

spoke briefly to the guys a FAST, they think they are able to set me up with what i need. next week i hope to call them when i have more time to talk it over. i'll let you know what we come up with, thanks

Quick Reply: LS1 ignition on old Pontiac engine?