Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rolls Royce conversion

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 10:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FastKat

That's one sweet car.... the dark wood on the light interior looks great... and I always really liked the front ends on the Series I cars... a lot more than the one I have now. Glad to hear it handles better with the small block too! I knew even a cast iron 350 was lighter than the original straight six, but didn't know it would clean up the handling that much too!
Car will change direction much better, and respond much better to steering. Get a front sway bar off an XJS too.....a bit thicker so less body roll. Nice shocks all round and you're done......except for the front springs of course....unless you like your nose in the air!!
Old 10-10-2019, 01:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Tone
No such probs with the Silver Shadow!!

Problems to be overcome however are numerous

Such as: Braking system hydraulics fed by pumps and accumulators in conjunction with the height adjustable suspension, and no rear transmission mount!!
Could you go into more detail about what gm parts you used for brakes did u replumb entire system or uses existing stuff. My rolls has already been swapped to sbc however brakes never seemed right want to go thru it once and be done.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,121 Likes on 2,434 Posts

Originally Posted by cf mechanic
Could you go into more detail about what gm parts you used for brakes did u replumb entire system or uses existing stuff. My rolls has already been swapped to sbc however brakes never seemed right want to go thru it once and be done.
14 year old thread.....
OP hasn't been here in 10 years...
Old 10-11-2019, 02:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by G Atsma
14 year old thread.....
OP hasn't been here in 10 years...
LOL I suspect he ran out of money!... Or finally figured out he has a RR TH400 already and only needs to add a turbo to a factory RR beast of a motor. Really the RR engines are beasts and I would not recommend removing for an LS (sacrilege I know).

Quick Reply: Rolls Royce conversion