Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Push Button Ignition

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 04:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

http://www.advancedkeys.com/Prod_IUI102.html

Looks like this would save me a lot of trouble.

Now...with that said... is there a problem with disabling the column lock mechanism on our cars? I don't want to deal with the key at all (the whole idea is for convenience.)

Last edited by S8ER95Z; 11-12-2009 at 04:57 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know how much it helps but I had wanted to hook a c6 button up awhile ago. Bought one and figured out the wiring too but I'm not smart enough to get any farther. Hopefully this helps someone wanting to go that route. (I like using OEM stuff so it's easy to replace later down the road...)

Ignition Mode Switch
Code:
Pin               Wire Color         Circuit No.       Function
A                 L-BU/WH           5725              Ignition Mode Switch Mode Voltage Backup
B                 D-BU              5719              Ignition Mode Switch Start LED Signal
C                 BN/WH             230               Instrument Panel Lamp Dimming Control
D                 BK                1450              Ground
E                 L-GN/WH           5723              Ignition Mode Switch Mode Voltage
F                 L-GN              5724              Ignition Mode Switch Mode Control
G                 PK                5722              Ignition Mode Switch LED Supply Voltage
H                 OG                5721              Ignition Mode Switch Off LED Signal
J                 L-GN              5720              Ignition Mode Switch Accessory LED Signal
K                 L-BU              5726              Ignition Mode Switch Mode Control Backup
70LS1, I was the guy that came over and looked at your 'vette a couple years ago. Don't know if you remember me. Seeing your car got to swap an LSx into my 'bird. Did you ever figure out that start/stop relay setup?
Old 11-12-2009, 11:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Good info..thank you!
Old 11-18-2009, 09:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
http://www.advancedkeys.com/Prod_IUI102.html

Looks like this would save me a lot of trouble.

Now...with that said... is there a problem with disabling the column lock mechanism on our cars? I don't want to deal with the key at all (the whole idea is for convenience.)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Originally Posted by iansane
I don't know how much it helps but I had wanted to hook a c6 button up awhile ago. Bought one and figured out the wiring too but I'm not smart enough to get any farther. Hopefully this helps someone wanting to go that route. (I like using OEM stuff so it's easy to replace later down the road...)

Ignition Mode Switch
Code:
Pin               Wire Color         Circuit No.       Function
A                 L-BU/WH           5725              Ignition Mode Switch Mode Voltage Backup
B                 D-BU              5719              Ignition Mode Switch Start LED Signal
C                 BN/WH             230               Instrument Panel Lamp Dimming Control
D                 BK                1450              Ground
E                 L-GN/WH           5723              Ignition Mode Switch Mode Voltage
F                 L-GN              5724              Ignition Mode Switch Mode Control
G                 PK                5722              Ignition Mode Switch LED Supply Voltage
H                 OG                5721              Ignition Mode Switch Off LED Signal
J                 L-GN              5720              Ignition Mode Switch Accessory LED Signal
K                 L-BU              5726              Ignition Mode Switch Mode Control Backup
70LS1, I was the guy that came over and looked at your 'vette a couple years ago. Don't know if you remember me. Seeing your car got to swap an LSx into my 'bird. Did you ever figure out that start/stop relay setup?
LMK if you done with C6 remote.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:34 AM

theres this website where they have a whole kit to work with any car heres the link http://www.auto-hub.com/stardrive_pu..._ignition.html
Old 11-20-2009, 04:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

I ran a push button to the starter wire on the harness, and spliced into the factory ignition key switch on the 62 bel air to have ignition power.

On the 62, when you turn the key to start position, it wouldnt run because the factory harness cuts power to everything but the starter when the key is turned to start, and I ran my power to the factory fuse box and when power cut, it wouldnt fire the pcm.

sounds confusing but eh. I was lazy and just did the push button instead of rewiring the factry bel air circuits.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:48 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Ztwenty

I want keyless with lock/unlock entry and pushbutton-start-up. Easy job

I found one post here, good inform>> PushButtom Engine-Start Mod

Good link:kptechnologies
Good forum you read/discuss about it
http://kptechnologies.com/forums/vie...hp?f=42&t=1058

I like one at Auto-Hub.com but $$$ expensive
Old 11-27-2009, 06:00 PM
Teching In

Holy crap, these companies are charging $300-$400 for a product that is the exact thing I told you how to piece together for less than $100. I can't believe how much they are marking those things up.

If anyone wants, send me a P.M. with the details of what you want the complete system to do, and what vehicle you want to install it in and I'll design it and send you a parts list with detailed installation instructions for you application. Once you get the micro controller, I will write the programming for it and email it to you to install using the cable and software that comes with the one you buy.

By adding a few extra small limited range RFID receivers in key locations, you can open any door by walking up to it and swiping your fob over the area of the reader and that door will open without any other part of the system being triggered. Same for the trunk and even the fuel door.

The column lock can be engaged/disengaged with an actuator controlled by the micro controller too.

This is really way to easy not to do yourself and instead pay someone else that kind of laughable price for a pre-programmed kit. Which is most likely not upgradeable either, when yours would be.

If you wanted to start small to build your confidence you could; and later on when you wanted to make additions to the system, you could do so very very easily. Just add a few commands into the program and plug the new accessories into the controller after they are mounted and wired in.

The possibilities are endless when you take the time to read and teach yourself how to do this stuff instead of paying some over inflated price for a kit you are going to have to install anyway. Besides, knowing exactly what every part does and how it interacts with the rest of the system makes installation and troubleshooting should anything go wrong, a breeze compared to what it takes to get any support for a packaged kit.

My philosophy is if you can read, you can teach yourself to do anything that anyone else out there can do. And since we are all savvy enough to use a forum competently, I know there is not one of us that cannot take even the limited information I have given on this topic and search on eBay and Google for a few hours and find all the parts to design your own system to do whatever you want it to do. But just in case anyone needs help, doesn't have any free time to do this themselves or just wants to be lazy, drop me a line and I will be glad to help you out.

Quick Reply: Push Button Ignition