Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS - 1985 jaguar XJ6 w/ a CA smog legal LT1 conversion

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 06:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FS - 1985 jaguar XJ6 w/ a CA smog legal LT1 conversion

Im finally getting my act together and putting the Jag in my garage up for sale-

It is a 1985 XJ6 4-door that had a $12k LT1 conversion done early in the 2000s. Its is being sold as a roller, with no motor or tranny.

What you get-

100% solid car, no rust, with 4 year old dark blue metalflake paint (4K job I was told)
complete true dual exhaust
painless wiring harness
radiator system
PCM
motor mounts
tranny mount
driveshaft
disk brake rebuild kit
AC system
Cruise control

and a ton of other parts.

Basically all you need to get this running is a OBDI LT1/4L60E w/ accessories - no need for a computer or harness. With that you could get it running in a weekend.

The car has a nice alpine I believe stereo with a CD changer (top of the line back in the day when installed)

It sits on badass wire wheels that are dayton replicas of the old school jag wheels of the 60s. Tires are good.

The rear is a Dana 44 (or 60, but I think 44) and the disk brakes are inboard by the diff.

I would say exterior is a 9, and the interior is a 7. Could use the seats recovered.

Tons of norcal-ls1 club members have seen the car - Todd, TJ, Costa, Taylor, and Greg come to mind. Feel free to ask their opinion, or head over to www.norcal-ls1.com to ask about me.

I am only selling because I already have a LS1/RX7, M3, and looks like I am going to buy a LS1/Chevelle in the next week or so, and just dont have room to build the car or learn LT1s.

The car has the CARB engine swap sticker on the car, so in the eyes of the state of CA, it is a 94 camaro. The car is nonoped right now, to get it legal, all you have to do is get it running and go to Joe's smog shack, get it smogged, and its good to go.

Im gonna say $3500 OBO - I am going to put the car on Ebay here in a day or two if noone is seriously interested, and let the market prevail. If you are interested, but not for that price, make me an offer. If its good enough, I wont put the car on Ebay.

Pics -

CARB sticker-

Dana44, disks, and duals

Rear-

Dual Gas tanks + reflection
Old 01-06-2006, 06:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More pics -

Engine Bay (notice the top notch fab work like the PS resivor bracket)

True Duals-

Front-

Let me see your Grillz-

Hood -

Suspension is lowered (rear tucks, front should with 700lbs of iron)

Daytons-

Real wood dash (all guages work)-

Quick Reply: FS - 1985 jaguar XJ6 w/ a CA smog legal LT1 conversion