Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 swap surprises...what else is coming

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 08:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 swap surprises...what else is coming

My harness, 02 pcm and fuel pump shipped yesterday. I had a couple of surprises. Allen tells me that my 98 model O2 sensors will not work and they may need changing due to age/use. He suggest upgrading to new 02 model O2 sensors. I have always thought they were either good or bad. No in between. Can they be worn out or not read correctly. I have all 4 off the camaro so I was counting on at least 2 being good. So thats about $200 for both. Also, I just found out I need to upgrade to a truck mass air with 5 pins.
Another $150 from GM. Does all this really have to be changed? What else am I going to run into? Any advice on these (or upcoming) surprises would be helpful. Thanks, Ryan
Old 01-21-2006, 10:14 AM
TECH Regular

https://www.automedicsupply.com/cata...1c6c02eeeb8caf

www.oxygensensors.com

60 bucks each.
Old 01-21-2006, 12:22 PM
10 Second Club

dont even worry about having any 02 sensors at all. have your computer tuned and have them removed along with the MAF, solves both your problems
Old 01-22-2006, 08:10 AM
On The Tree

What about a used MAF? Good idea or does it need to be new also? Any ideas of a source other than good ole GM?
Old 01-22-2006, 11:14 AM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I don`t see a problem with a used MAF as long as it is in good condition. GMPartsdirect has new ones for $105, or try www.car-part.com or ebay for used. I would just replace the front 2 o2 sensors, and delete the back ones. The fronts are good to have but the only reason to run rear o2s is if you are in emissions hell and can only pass the inspection if you have all the factory emissions crap. You could also delete the MAF and run a speed density tune, which some people say is easier to tune but I prefer to have the MAF enabled for maximum fuel economy.

Quick Reply: LS1 swap surprises...what else is coming