Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S&P vs BRP vs ATS, '78 T/A

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006 | 06:07 PM
On The Tree

Default S&P vs BRP vs ATS, '78 T/A

Hey, I've spent countless hours searching through the forums about which conversion parts to use (e.g., engine mount, cross-member, clutch plate, oil pan). Some say BRP is too far forward, some say S&P is too far back, I haven't heard much either way on the ATS except that the 67-69 camaro sticky indicated the ATS stuff in general is very nice.

Also, most of the information was for 67-69 camaros. I'm doing a '78 Trans Am. I know a couple guys on here have done a 2nd gen f-body, and several are contemplating it, so hopefully this will be useful info ... also, how much variation is there on the 2nd gens? I had heard mention that things are a bit different in pre-75's, so a "universal 2nd gen" really isn't very universal ... and I've seen posts from Tyler saying the dimensions of the "other companies" clutch plate are wrong. Is this true?

I also have a question about which wiring harness, but I'll put that in a different post.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I'm putting in an '01 LS1 (from a RamAir T/A) and T56. Original T/A (the '78) was an automatic.

Last edited by nautiboy; 01-26-2006 at 06:15 PM.
Old 01-30-2006 | 01:31 PM
On The Tree

Bump.

Seems like it would be useful to coalesce this info into a single thread given how many times it seems to come up .... and I've seen at least a couple other people wanting to embark on a 2nd gen conversion ...

Quick Reply: S&P vs BRP vs ATS, '78 T/A