Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring upgrade for older cars pics and ideas.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 01:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"TWO relay kits should be used with most electric radiator fan systems. With two small diameter fans, we prefer one relay kit per fan. And with one large radiator fan (16” diameter or larger), we prefer two relays wired in parallel. (And instructions with diagrams for these installations are included in the relay kit manual.)"

how big are stock LS1 fans ea? Do I really need 4 relays just for fans? I find it quite hard to believe I need that much power. I had huge RC car motors that ran on less than 2 amps at 12v
olly

Last edited by 67RSCamaroVette; 04-10-2006 at 01:13 AM.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am running 2 16 inch SPAL fans, one for primary cooling is a puller fan on the back of the radiator, the other is a pusher fan on the front of the A/C condenser that comes on with the A/C. I have two relays for each, in parallel, for a total of 4 relays for my fans. As I said, this configuration has worked very well both in terms of fan power and reliability. This has worked for me, of course your mileage may vary. ;-)

Pat
Old 04-10-2006, 10:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

another way to hide your relays is to gut a voltage reg. & put your relays in there you can also use the factory lugs on the outside for your conections if you work it right.. I left mine in the orig location on my 57 looks & works great
Old 04-10-2006, 01:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

back on topic... ive found that the local advance autoparts (parts america stores) have this little fuse block... it has something like 8 or 10 fuses in it.

for thoes of us who are upgrading cars with good wiring, this thing is GREAT when you need to add just a couple circuts for your conversion to be complete...

(im going to try to find a pic...)
Old 05-30-2008, 11:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this is an old link but does anybody know if Mad Electrical is still in business? The site has not been updated in ~6 years and the number listed just rings? Not even an answering service?

Thanks

http://www.madelectrical.com/

Quick Reply: Wiring upgrade for older cars pics and ideas.