Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Walbro Fuel Pump

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 08:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Walbro Fuel Pump

I'm putting an LS1 into my 70 camaro, and am just starting on the fuel system. I'm gonna use the fuel sending unit from a 3rd gen camaro, seeing how it has a return line already on the unit. I'm looking at Walbro intank fuel pumps here:

http://shopping.lightningmotorsports...-p-1-c-14.html

I'm gonna get one with 255lph capability, but duno which one to get. Any suggestions? I'm not sure what the numbers in parentheses mean. Or does anyone have a better place to buy one at?

Thanks, Paul
Old 06-04-2006, 09:41 PM
Launching!

Here is the pump that I put into my 3rdgen tank. Its a 255lph Walbro pump with a fancier name on it lol. Ordered it on a Sunday night and it was at my door on Wednesday.

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...tegoryId=10307

Looks like the pumps on that site are quite a bit cheaper. Pretty good deals there. Either the 341 or the 342 is the one you need. Not for sure though. The bottoms are just reversed on them, otherwise they are probably the same. Comparing the two with the Granatelli one makes me think the 341 is probably the one to get. I would try to E-Mail or call them to make sure.
Old 06-05-2006, 06:18 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got mine on ebay for 90 it came with fittings, screens, wiring, etc. it came from michigan. just look for the replacement for your tank setup and then make sure its a 255
Old 06-05-2006, 09:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by x-pauliber
I'm putting an LS1 into my 70 camaro, and am just starting on the fuel system. I'm gonna use the fuel sending unit from a 3rd gen camaro, seeing how it has a return line already on the unit. I'm looking at Walbro intank fuel pumps here:

http://shopping.lightningmotorsports...-p-1-c-14.html

I'm gonna get one with 255lph capability, but duno which one to get. Any suggestions? I'm not sure what the numbers in parentheses mean. Or does anyone have a better place to buy one at?

Thanks, Paul
Nice to see another 2nd gen getting an LS1....I also used a walbro pump. Mine is a 250 Lph and work perfectly so far. I am not sure what the difference is btw all those 255 lph pumps but you can call and ask.....255lph should be plenty for the stock ls1
Old 06-05-2006, 09:37 AM
On The Tree

Default walbro pump

Is there any way a pump set up for in tank can be switched to in line?
Old 06-05-2006, 12:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by under pressure
Is there any way a pump set up for in tank can be switched to in line?
i don't think that would be a good idea.....the intank pumps are designed to work inside the tank where they don't have to put up with dirt, dust grime, heat etc......that is what external inline pumps are there for......
Old 06-05-2006, 01:15 PM
TECH Regular

Default There is a difference

One is a high pressure pump, one is a high volume pump. You want the high pressure one.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:42 PM
On The Tree

Ok big question. I went to replace my pump and the new one (walbro 255) is a lot smaller than the old one. There is no way it is going to fit in there. Did anyone else have this problem??? Also, the stock pump sock is much bigger and also has a place for the return line to hook into. the new one is much smaller and dosn't have a place for the return line to go into. WTF????

Old 06-06-2006, 08:03 AM
TECH Regular

You just use a peice of hose to make sure the overall length is the same and use the walbro filter

Quick Reply: Walbro Fuel Pump