Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cj7 Finally On It's Way

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 01:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HUMJ7
POWER ON, Do you know manufacturer and part# for the nice stanlless oil presure line you have ? Same ? about fitting for water temp gauge in the block . The tapped hole in the head is 12mm I believe . Temp sending unit is 1/4 pipe thread.
Thank you for your help HUMJ7
HUMJ7,
How did you do with the front drive shaft? The oil pressure line is a an-4 from older aircrafts. Lines used on aircrafts are now MS type fittings. A lot of AN- stuff is all around if you can find it. I found it on E-bay. The adapter size for the mechanical water temp is 3/8-18 which came with the gauge. You need to tap that 12mm hole. These two mechanical gauge set up are the REAL McCoy, it shows true values all the time. To test the accuracy we checked the readings with the OBII. Good luck!
Thanks
Old 09-17-2006, 04:09 PM
Teching In

POWER ON, I shifted motor over as you stated . Also work pan alittle with hammer I have about fingers width between drive shaft and pan.Not sure if it will work but thats where I'am going to leave it for now. Just received wire harness and comp. from spear tech fri. not running yet hope to take to exhaust shop this week thanks again for your HELP HUMJ7 !
Old 09-19-2006, 01:30 AM
Teching In

POWER ON, Did you use the original truck (deep) oil pan? Any problems encountered there?
Old 09-19-2006, 02:09 AM
Staging Lane

HUMJ7, Good luck to you man! Let us know how it's going. Anything I can help you with just let me know.

Mikkofin, I used the original stock pan fron the truck. No encounters so far. It looks as if it belongs to the Jeep.
Thanks
Old 09-19-2006, 05:19 AM
Teching In

POWER ON,
Just like I thought it would fit.
Saves me a few hundred not to buy a new pan.

Then I have one problem less
Old 10-03-2006, 05:56 PM
Teching In

POWER ON, I finely had a chance to put fire to my engine fired up on the first crank !!
thanks to all of you for your help! one question there is a small coolant line that runs under butterfly on front of engine not sure what it's for ? I looked at one of these motors in a freinds truck and it goes into radiator . My radiator does not have a place for this hose to go into I was wondering what the line is for and what you did with yours ? Possibley run it to over flow tank ? Did not drive jeep because in middle of ground up restoration. THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP!
Old 10-03-2006, 11:30 PM
Staging Lane

POWER ON, I finely had a chance to put fire to my engine fired up on the first crank !!
thanks to all of you for your help! one question there is a small coolant line that runs under butterfly on front of engine not sure what it's for ? I looked at one of these motors in a freinds truck and it goes into radiator . My radiator does not have a place for this hose to go into I was wondering what the line is for and what you did with yours ? Possibley run it to over flow tank ? Did not drive jeep because in middle of ground up restoration. THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP!
Congratulations HUMJ7!! I think that lines serves as a heater for the throttle body in cold weather and a air bleed from the engine. Living in Hawaii I simply bypassed it and made a t-fitting to the heater hose. My radiator also does not have a fitting for it. Where's the PIC'S? Here's one on the sand at Mokuleia, North Shore Hawaii, Today! It was FUN!!
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Cj7 Finally On It's Way-dsc03167.jpg  
Old 10-04-2006, 10:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default Hawaii!!

Man, I'm jealous. One, I'm working 6 days a week 13 hour days and can't finish mine fast enough. Two, HAWAII. I was stationed there for 5 1/2 years. Loved it. Miss the diving for lobsters at night at Electric Beach. Congratulations for finishing it. Got my exhaust to put on and hook up a few wires for ABS and AC, then its done.
Old 10-05-2006, 03:50 AM
Teching In

POWER ON
When you reflashed your ECU did you keep the mode that controls the tranny? so like when you floor it does it down shift automaticaly?
Im debating between that or a TH350 tranny. I will be doing this on a 90 YJ do you think the NP231 can handle the 5.3 thanks?
Old 10-12-2006, 07:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GM5.3Wrangler
POWER ON
When you reflashed your ECU did you keep the mode that controls the tranny? so like when you floor it does it down shift automaticaly?
Im debating between that or a TH350 tranny. I will be doing this on a 90 YJ do you think the NP231 can handle the 5.3 thanks?
Yup, it's works real well too. It's kind of like power down shifting. It really gets up and start going!
Thanks
Old 10-13-2006, 01:57 AM
Staging Lane

Default Power Trax

Talk about positive and no clunking. This is it!!
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Cj7 Finally On It's Way-dsc03144.jpg  
Old 10-13-2006, 06:21 PM
On The Tree

Whats a good price on a completely built 5.3, 5.7 or 6.0 going for these days?
Old 10-13-2006, 10:11 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Tuf-Titan
Whats a good price on a completely built 5.3, 5.7 or 6.0 going for these days?
I've seen them going for around $1500 on the west coast. That's with low miles too. Engine,trans,computer,harness,etc..
Thanks
Old 10-14-2006, 12:52 AM
On The Tree

i hope you have better luck with that lock-rite than most guys that i have known. especially with a well running small block running through that lil ol' model 20. your kinda pushin it. but you may be able to get away with it and not have any problems. actually now i remember you saying that this will only see mild dty as a beach runner or something like that right??? sorry, sometimes i forget that not everybody takes there jeep out in the rocks and beats the total crap out of it. i'll say it again though, nice build.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:44 PM
Teching In

POWER ON , I hope every thing is ok by you with the EARTHQUAKE!!
I have been extremly busy with home projects,home business,Beating the s--t out of my other jeep will send pics. when i can sorry for the delay HUMJ7
Old 10-18-2006, 07:25 PM
Teching In

Here are some pictures of my project and my other jeep. Hope they turn out 100x100 seems to be small if they do i will have more to come.

O.K. these don't look like yours when you click on them can some body help me with attachments ? THANKS HUMJ7
Attached Thumbnails Cj7 Finally On It's Way-engine_002.jpg   Cj7 Finally On It's Way-engine_003.jpg   Cj7 Finally On It's Way-jeep_06_010.jpg   Cj7 Finally On It's Way-p4080034.jpg  
Old 10-19-2006, 04:32 PM
Staging Lane

POWER ON , I hope every thing is ok by you with the EARTHQUAKE!!
I have been extremly busy with home projects,home business,Beating the s--t out of my other jeep will send pics. when i can sorry for the delay HUMJ7
Thanks for the concerns with the shaker we had. We are not used to that kind of stuff here in paradise. It's all good here anyway in Honolulu but the island of Hawaii (Big Island) got some damage.
Thanks
Old 10-24-2006, 09:35 PM
xxx
Launching!

Default ?

POWER ON... Looks nice

I'm in the process of putting a 06' 5.3 in my CJ5. Where did you get your radiator and fans? How do they cool?

Did you keep the power steering pump? If so how did that pan out?

I'm ready to get this thing fired up. It should be a ride.... The motor is the all aluminum 310hp set up for the 06' work package. Plus, the CJ is all fiberglass. As light as all of it is, it should be a handful to drive.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:46 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by xxx
POWER ON... Looks nice

I'm in the process of putting a 06' 5.3 in my CJ5. Where did you get your radiator and fans? How do they cool?

Did you keep the power steering pump? If so how did that pan out?

I'm ready to get this thing fired up. It should be a ride.... The motor is the all aluminum 310hp set up for the 06' work package. Plus, the CJ is all fiberglass. As light as all of it is, it should be a handful to drive.
It sure will be a RIDE!! The radiator is a BeCool and the fans are Flex-a-Lites. It stays below 205F. in traffic and about 190F. on highway speeds. The steering pump is the stock off the 5.3 with rerouted lines. I can't tell everyone enough how much fun it is to drive. I am in the process of installing a MagnaCharger just for fun. Anyway keep us posted and let's see it.
Thanks
Old 11-08-2006, 05:51 PM
Staging Lane

Made a intake box for my filter. It's has a lot better response now with it on. Still loving it!!!
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Cj7 Finally On It's Way-dsc03253.jpg  

Quick Reply: Cj7 Finally On It's Way