Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

some mustang swap questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 11:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default some mustang swap questions

well, these aren't really mustang specific but I have a few general questions.

first is transmission related. I have a fully built LT1 4L60E from my firebird that I would rather not part ways with if I can use it behind an LS2. I've done some searches and found that you need a crank spacer and a 6.0L truck flexplate. If I buy this spacer and flexplate would I be able to use my LT1 4L60E trans AND converter behind an LS2? Am I missing anything? I would rather not trade my built 4L60E for a stock 4L60E that will probably crap out within a few months at the power levels I intend on making.

Second, I want to know how to do this:

and still use a factory wiring harness. I want to run a single plane intake but I'd rather not use a 90* elbow, throttle body, MAF, tubing, and cone filter. a throttle body like show in the picture and a carb style air filter would be great. I know I'd need a MAFLess tune. so does anyone make throttle bodies that work with carb style intakes that the factory wiring harness. I could have a wiring harness custom made I guess since I don't have a wiring harness yet.

heres what I have so far:
LT1 4L60E
TCI 3500 stall
LS2 long block (valve covers to oil pan, no intake, injectors, wiring harness, throttle body, etc)

Now I just need a car to stick them in lol.