Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel line 5.3 swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 05:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel line 5.3 swap

what do you guys run for a fuel line and what for a filter. how much pressure is behind the pump.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am running a Walbor 255lph, with this I am expecting 65+psi.. SS 3/8" hard line with AN -6 Fitting and Hoses. I am using the Corvette Filter/Regulator.

Will know soon.. final parts are coming in and will plan to start within the next week or two.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:39 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Whatever I found in the junkyard . I adapted my fuel sending unit to have the GM style quick connect ends, which allowed me to clip on a set of GM flexible plastic fuel lines from a V6 f-body. The feed line goes to a LS1 f-body fuel filter and then to steel hardline and to the front of the car. At the front the hardline has a GM style quick connect attached, then a front flexible plastic GM fuel line from the same V6 camaro attaches from the fuel line to the rail. The return side also uses GM quick connect plastic flex lines and steel hardline.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:30 AM
On The Tree

some of it depends on what you have to work with on your swap car. I believe the stock system is run at ~60 PSI (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

in my 88 rx7 i'm using the stock pump(for now), and a corvette regulator/filter. i'm adapting the stock steel tube fuel lines to AN6 braided stainless just behind the bell housing, adapting that to the FPR/filter, and running braided to the fuel rail.

here's my parts list:
(2) EAR-360165ERL 5/16" tube adapter AN6 hose end
(~6 ft) 6AN braided stainless hose
(2) 45* AN6 hose ends
(1) 90* AN6 hose end
(1) straight AN6 hose end
(2) RUS-640850 fuel rail adapters (pressure side)
(1) RUS-640860 fuel rail adpter (return)
(1) corvette FPR
(1) NAPA #730-4931 adapter to output of FPR (same as dorman part)
(1) SUM-2200075 (3/8 tube to an6 female adapter)
(1) RUS-670000 (an6 male/male w/ 1/8" NPT port)
Old 07-15-2006, 01:53 PM
Teching In

I just completed my swap and am using conventional hard lines and rubber hose couplings and clamps. And a Master brand part number L2000 fuel pump.
Cost about 79.00 from Advance Auto Parts. It is a stock application for several Ford products in the late 1980s and early 1990s with a 5.0 FI.

So far it seems to be doing fine with no starvation I have found yet.

By using this pump, if I am "on the road" ala Power Tour or any run far from home, I can buy a replacement at most any decent parts store and just bolt her in. I am using 3/8 hard lines with FI rubber hose and FI clamps. Make SURE you get the SAE 9 and not SAE 7 (for low pressure injection like throttle body)

All of this is hooked to my stock 1958 Chevrolet passenger fuel tank.

I modified a new tank pickup and added a nipple for the return line into the pickup flange and added a small loop of hose on the end so as not to aerate the fuel. Also, added a prefilter of the old glass and nylon element BEFORE the pump and a conventional high pressure filter after the pump.

Pump is not very loud as some warned it would be. (It's not as loud as Blazers I have had in the past)

Quick Reply: fuel line 5.3 swap