Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PINKS ls1 s13

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 08:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

impressive none the less but it seems like you had alot of headache for a pretty much off the shelf setup now a days.
Old 08-18-2006, 07:08 PM
Banned

Eh, It would be tough to buy conversion stuff, when 1st try, and myself are both fabrication shops.

Thanks though.
Old 08-18-2006, 07:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by domination
Eh, It would be tough to buy conversion stuff, when 1st try, and myself are both fabrication shops.

Thanks though.
if you recall we could of had all the parts donated but you wanted to build everything. the kit for a 240 with ls1 has been done plenty of times. they use goat headers i believe and i think a goat pan
Old 08-19-2006, 07:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Quik
if you recall we could of had all the parts donated but you wanted to build everything. the kit for a 240 with ls1 has been done plenty of times. they use goat headers i believe and i think a goat pan

yup. Funk that. Jeff and I don't want to be known for how well we bolt other people's stuff on.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:22 PM
Banned

looks awsome man cant wait to see it
Old 08-19-2006, 04:27 PM
7 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

WOW, what happened in this thread....
Old 08-19-2006, 06:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Phil99vette
alot of things
Old 08-19-2006, 06:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

whats up Bud,thanks again for the help!
Old 08-19-2006, 11:59 PM
7 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Damn, can someone bring me up to speed? Didn't this race go down or was it in my imagination?
Old 08-20-2006, 01:59 AM
TECH Addict

so why did you guys swap pcms?
Old 08-20-2006, 09:56 AM
Banned

Damn, can someone bring me up to speed? Didn't this race go down or was it in my imagination?
we went we raced we won their **** espiosde will be aird in october
Old 08-20-2006, 09:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by red90cobra
so why did you guys swap pcms?
first ecu was seutp for the ls1 and i didnt like the cranking table on it

when we put the LQ4 in i seen a ECU lying around the shop that had a closer tune then the other one. so i swapped it in. got to track made a full pass had issues found osmeoned to help tweak it told him how i wanted it setup and he did and it worked for the night
Old 08-20-2006, 05:43 PM
TECH Resident

plenty of times?

where?

and who is using goat headers?

for someone arguing in a thread claiming knowledge, please enlighten me. i have a "bolt on" s chassis kit that was a prototype, and if i could use gto headers id love to.

what im saying is, you dont seem to know what you are actually talking about, so pics/links or bs.

:popcorn
Old 08-20-2006, 05:45 PM
TECH Resident

plenty of times?

where?

for someone arguing in a thread claiming knowledge, please enlighten me. i have a "bolt on" s chassis kit that was a prototype, and if i could use gto headers id love to.

what im saying is, you dont seem to know what you are actually talking about, so pics/links or bs.

Old 08-20-2006, 08:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mikespeed95
plenty of times?

where?

theres a company that was going to donate the parts to us for free. but somehow we didnt end up using them

and i was on the build team and also the driver so i woudl knwo first hand

Last edited by Quik; 08-20-2006 at 08:20 PM.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:39 PM
TECH Resident

you make no sense.

here is waht you said

the kit for a 240 with ls1 has been done plenty of times.
where? whos cars? what cars? i call bullshit. as far as i konw, adn ive searched a lot there are 6 completed ls1 240sx's in teh country.

1. mine - modded hinson kit - still a stock 240
2. alex guys - 100% custom - but still stock s chassis somewhat
3. lime green/black s14 that lives on ebay for the last 2 years - custom redneck spl
4. yalls - custom kit - tube frame car
5. hinson s14 - still a stockish 240
6. dont remember where i saw it s14. - custom kit, nowhere near stock anything though.

i fail to see plenty of times kit. please enlighten me. this is 2006, the internet is a great search tool, good luck searching for truth to your assumption.

they use goat headers i believe and i think a goat pan
ill give you 5/10 here. its common knowledge that the gto pan is front sump, but as to what creatures **** orphus you pulled using stock gto headers on, i cannot comment on the enima of information. i will give you partial credit if you can find a car using altered stock gto headers, although not stock ill give you partial credit.

and i was on the build team and also the driver so i woudl knwo first hand
the driver doesnt know what the **** is going on 1/2 the time. i sure as **** dont, thats why im the damn driver. waht exactly did you do on the build team? would you like a cookie? how about a ******* from a 5 dollar ***** so you can tell everyone how big a pimp you are too?

please.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mikespeed95
you make no sense.

here is waht you said

where? whos cars? what cars? i call bullshit. as far as i konw, adn ive searched a lot there are 6 completed ls1 240sx's in teh country.

1. mine - modded hinson kit - still a stock 240
2. alex guys - 100% custom - but still stock s chassis somewhat
3. lime green/black s14 that lives on ebay for the last 2 years - custom redneck spl
4. yalls - custom kit - tube frame car
5. hinson s14 - still a stockish 240
6. dont remember where i saw it s14. - custom kit, nowhere near stock anything though.

i fail to see plenty of times kit. please enlighten me. this is 2006, the internet is a great search tool, good luck searching for truth to your assumption.

ill give you 5/10 here. its common knowledge that the gto pan is front sump, but as to what creatures **** orphus you pulled using stock gto headers on, i cannot comment on the enima of information. i will give you partial credit if you can find a car using altered stock gto headers, although not stock ill give you partial credit.

the driver doesnt know what the **** is going on 1/2 the time. i sure as **** dont, thats why im the damn driver. waht exactly did you do on the build team? would you like a cookie? how about a ******* from a 5 dollar ***** so you can tell everyone how big a pimp you are too?

please.
i do believe the company was hindsen[sp]
we actually used fbody headers, passenger side fit with some minor massaging of tubes and frame rail passenger side tubes moved around to help with steering rack

what didnt i do for the build? for the last 2 weeks especially the last week i was there along with Jeff and Jay.

and your last comment you flex net muscles way to go
Old 08-21-2006, 01:59 AM
TECH Resident

i do believe the company was hindsen[sp]

actually its hinson. hinsonsupercars.com . so let me get this straight, they sent you a free kit for tv and you didnt use it or put a sticker on the car? great ethic on your car. i at least kept the stickers and what they gave me on there, not to say im a fan of it though.

we actually used fbody headers, passenger side fit with some minor massaging of tubes and frame rail passenger side tubes moved around to help with steering rack
pics please? you know, for someone who "built the car" you sure must have paid a lot of attention to it.

Originally Posted by domination
What headers did you use????

Hooker super comps baby. Slight massaging on the passengerside and it bolts right in. The drivers side needed 3 pipes made completely from scratch. Then we had em powder coated.

you know theres this movie out right now, called talladega nights, the ballad of ricky bobby. theres a line in that movie that says "ricky bobby is not a thinker, ricky bobby is a driver" those are the wildest stock fbody headers ive ever seen. you sure they arent the gto headers everyone else is using? i mean plenty of cars have this swap using stock goat headers.... haha

what didnt i do for the build? for the last 2 weeks especially the last week i was there along with Jeff and Jay.
well, for someone doing MASSIVE hating on the ENTIRE build i would guess you didnt do a lot. that or else you hate your own work, which says a lot. im pretty damn sure you had nothing to do with the headers, exhaust, or much anything relating to the headers, steering, or motor install at all though, judging by waht you claim as stock fbody headers with some massaging.

and your last comment you flex net muscles way to go
i also have a 2'' *****. whats your point?

Last edited by mikespeed95; 08-21-2006 at 03:27 AM.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:08 AM
TECH Resident

on a side note.

lol @ drag > drift on radiator support. thats hot.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:27 AM
On The Tree

sick car, what does that thing tip the scale at?

Quick Reply: PINKS ls1 s13