Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Procedure for first startup

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 04:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

just remove the plugs so there's no compression, disable fuel relay, and crank it.. it's simple. mine took about 20 secs of spinning to build oil pressure.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by RFERG43
Just below the oil filter is a plate covering two holes. Remove it and drill and tap a piece of aluminum to accept a small barbed fitting. The hole should be drilled so that it is over one of the holes in the block. Get a cheap oil pump sold at auto stores for filling transmission and diffs. Pump oil into the first hole until you feel the pressure build up then crank the engine over and repeat the process. Swap ends on the plate so the fitting is over the second hole and repeat the above. This will fill all the oil galleries and pump oil throughout the entire engine.
That's a pretty interesting idea...may have to look into that. I have a crate motor that's 6 years old without ever being fired up
Old 10-15-2006, 10:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ours was a crate motor... the place we bought it from said it was fixed so i guess we just let her rip, if it broke down send it back but you know what, haven't had one problem with it since and let me tell you its had a lot of abuse. It is hard to listen to the valvetrain for more then a few seconds but i guess whatever works. Sounds like RFERG43s method would work well tho...

Quick Reply: Procedure for first startup