Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ecotec + T56?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 09:08 AM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chuntington101
hey sb427f-car. hows it all going with the 7 design/planning???

Chris.
Like I said somewhere else Chris...I've been busy so it's taken a bit of a back seat lately.

Like the Mini's, very cool.

I'm still gathering ideas and will be probably starting some type of intricate chassis design this summer. After seeing Argon Z (Kinsler's car) I am SERIOUSLY considering the LS1 with the vette transaxel. Also...after seeing the artwork of the Ariel Atom, I have some great ideas...we'll see where it goes but its not at the forefront of my money spending right now.

I've put hobby projects on hold until I can afford a house...
Old 04-11-2007, 12:08 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by sb427f-car
Good luck with that plan....Hopefully it doesn't involve working 160hrs a week.

I know the housing market here in MD has softened considerably and all, but pricing is still at pretty silly levels (it's come down from completely silly levels). Affordable housing in MD is about as funny as military intelligence, jumbo shrimp, deafening silence, congressional wisdom, and Microsoft Works.

I'd say keep thinking, dreaming, planning, and such. Just don't get frustrated about not being able to do anything about it in steel / alum. Because sooner or later you'll get housing / garage / workspace restrictions worked out and you'll want to get cutting steel quickly....

'JustDreamin'
Old 04-11-2007, 01:04 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Originally Posted by JustDreamin
Good luck with that plan....Hopefully it doesn't involve working 160hrs a week.

I know the housing market here in MD has softened considerably and all, but pricing is still at pretty silly levels (it's come down from completely silly levels). Affordable housing in MD is about as funny as military intelligence, jumbo shrimp, deafening silence, congressional wisdom, and Microsoft Works.

I'd say keep thinking, dreaming, planning, and such. Just don't get frustrated about not being able to do anything about it in steel / alum. Because sooner or later you'll get housing / garage / workspace restrictions worked out and you'll want to get cutting steel quickly....

'JustDreamin'
Yep...I know...

I'm about a year away on the house purchase...until then...just like your handle...I am "JustDreamin".
Old 04-11-2007, 01:18 PM
TECH Resident

I was 'JustDreamin' for a while. Then I justified buying the project truck to the wife. Then the trans let go and I started the LQ4 / 4L80E swap earlier than I was planning (wasn't as ready as I would have liked). But now the truck runs and drives. Still has some details / upgrades left to wrap up, but it's ALOT more fun to drive than it ever was with the 4.3l V6!

Kept the moniker because I'm still dreamin. Would like to build a 2 seater like Kinsler's toy. But, it'll have to wait until after I build a garage / workshop.

'JustDreamin'
Old 04-11-2007, 02:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Aaron, if it makes you feel any better, I first saw my Rotus in '89, and bought it in '05...

It's good that you're setting the house as your top priority.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sb427f-car
Like I said somewhere else Chris...I've been busy so it's taken a bit of a back seat lately.

Like the Mini's, very cool.

I'm still gathering ideas and will be probably starting some type of intricate chassis design this summer. After seeing Argon Z (Kinsler's car) I am SERIOUSLY considering the LS1 with the vette transaxel. Also...after seeing the artwork of the Ariel Atom, I have some great ideas...we'll see where it goes but its not at the forefront of my money spending right now.

great new you looking to buy a house!!!! i bought one about 4 month ago. i was living with my mum and dad until then. major wake up call but well worth it! im now totally broke and have bills coming out of my ears, stpuid gas and electric prices over here!!! lol

anyway, the atom is a great design. really turned some heads over here when it was released about 5 years ago now. what aspects about it do you like???

i think Argon Z's car is great! be even better with some bodywork on.

thanks Chris.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:57 AM
SSU'S Vice Mod

All of us here are JustDreamin' unless we're fotunate to have deep, deep pockets through good fortune and hard work.

Mazda...thanks for the inspiration in teaching me a lesson that sometimes it's not what we can have but what we yearn to achieve and conqure, and that sometimes it takes years.

Chris...I'm not looking forward to all the bills, but, definately looking forward to the freedom, the tax writeoff for the interest payments, and finally having acheived the dream that all us Americans across the pond want (their own home).

The Atom's frame is artwork, the driver placement is perfect, the look is phenominal. It combines motorcycle type feel, a Ferrari Enzo front nose, a formula 1 engine scoop and push/pull rod suspension, with a flare that says NASCAR modified car along with rat rod appeal. That, is exactly the persona I'm going to shoot for in this build as I see it in my mind. It might blend a bit of Panoz spyder sports car too. Who knows...we shall see...

Quick Reply: Ecotec + T56?