Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mustang vs. rx-7 vs. 240sx

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 08:16 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the FC rx7 is by far the easiest because any Fbody LS1T56 drops right in with Hinson mounts that are cheap ($360) compared to what you will spend on the entire project. you can also keep the stock exhaust manifolds so that keeps costs down, its a simple and well documented swap. I know you can shorten an Fbody driveshaft and modify the end for the FC, not sure if the Fbody driveshaft is too short for the 240sx or Fox.

all 3 chassis are very similar in cost and it probably just depends on what you can find in your area. some people mention finding a nice modded car to part out, thats a GREAT idea too, definitely. if you can find a wrecked Fbody and part out what you dont need, that will save you money too. you can build a wicked car on your budget, just keep it simple and use stuff like the Vette fuel filter/fpr instead of some fancy Aeromotive unit, etc etc.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:42 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by owen v8litew8
the FC rx7 is by far the easiest because any Fbody LS1T56 drops right in with Hinson mounts that are cheap ($360) compared to what you will spend on the entire project. you can also keep the stock exhaust manifolds so that keeps costs down, its a simple and well documented swap. I know you can shorten an Fbody driveshaft and modify the end for the FC, not sure if the Fbody driveshaft is too short for the 240sx or Fox.

all 3 chassis are very similar in cost and it probably just depends on what you can find in your area. some people mention finding a nice modded car to part out, thats a GREAT idea too, definitely. if you can find a wrecked Fbody and part out what you dont need, that will save you money too. you can build a wicked car on your budget, just keep it simple and use stuff like the Vette fuel filter/fpr instead of some fancy Aeromotive unit, etc etc.
ill give you credit that the rx7 is a more informed swap but cost wise i can say personally the 240 is cheaper. mounts cost me so far 50 bux add trany mount and your looking at 100 total. headers can be used if you use a different subframe. after that everything is practically the same cost wise. fuel drivesaft wiring ect isnt car specific really and cost the same in any platform.

i say just got with what ever shell you can find the cheapest and cleanest.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:04 AM
TECH Regular

well, yeah, you can build the mounts super cheap for an FC as well, just like EyeOutThere from TC did after he saw what I bought from Hinson... but I know the stock manifolds dont fit with a 240sx swap so you need to source a skyline crossmember and some headers and then modify the headers.. its not rocket science... but it does add up to the FC being easier and taking in less time to build.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:33 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by owen v8litew8
well, yeah, you can build the mounts super cheap for an FC as well, just like EyeOutThere from TC did after he saw what I bought from Hinson... but I know the stock manifolds dont fit with a 240sx swap so you need to source a skyline crossmember and some headers and then modify the headers.. its not rocket science... but it does add up to the FC being easier and taking in less time to build.
agreed

Quick Reply: mustang vs. rx-7 vs. 240sx