Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More 240SX Clutch Master Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 09:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shifty`
I was actually at that Summit tonight buying my new MC and the supporting stuff. I can tell you this:

They have the WilWood MC in stock.
They do not have the Earl 36" line with -3AN end/banjo bolt end in stock.
They do not have any banjo bolts in stock.
They do not have hte Russell fittings in stock, and they are on backorder till May 11th.

The guy who helped me was an idiot - he couldn't find the fitting I needed.

If you break down and must have the Russell fitting, Russell will sell to you if you call them directly. For some idiotic reason, they always get backordered to their vendors, but you can always call them up and buy the part directly. Stupid, but 99% of the time, it's true (and lame as ****).

If you find a fitting, lemm know - I would love to find a fitting with -3 AN (male) on one side and a GM Quick connect on the other would make my life hella easier right now.

Oh - I also found out that the 36" line says "10mm or 3/8 banjo" because it will work using eihter/or, not because you have a choice of one or the other end fitting.

Ya I ordered my stuff and most of it was on backorder, but I am in no hurry as I wont be home untill aug anyway.

I still need to find that quick disconect to -3an also. If somebody orders that fitting can you get an extra for me and I will pay ya? I dont have much time to surf the net these days and I want to get that part to my buddy whos building my car.

Thanks
Josh
Old 04-27-2007, 09:27 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ranger2339
Ya I ordered my stuff and most of it was on backorder, but I am in no hurry as I wont be home untill aug anyway.

I still need to find that quick disconect to -3an also. If somebody orders that fitting can you get an extra for me and I will pay ya? I dont have much time to surf the net these days and I want to get that part to my buddy whos building my car.

Thanks
Josh
Just making sure that we're on the same page...are you looking for a -3 AN to quick disconnect because you're dead set on keeping it? Because, there is a way to get rid of it (quick disconnect) completely.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cnichols
Just making sure that we're on the same page...are you looking for a -3 AN to quick disconnect because you're dead set on keeping it? Because, there is a way to get rid of it (quick disconnect) completely.
Is there such a fitting (-3 AN to quick disconnect)?

I ask because at this point, my entire drivetrain is in place, the engine is started, the wheels are spinning, and the only thing stopping me from driving is ... no MC.

The last thing I want to do now is drop the transmission to unbolt the slave cylinder, pop out a tension pin, insert a fitting, then mount the tranny again and ... heh, yeah.

It's a lot of work....I would honestly rather adapt from (-3 AN to quick disconnect ) so I don't need to drop the tranny.

I might order the Russell fitting today, depending whether or not I can find an affordable fitting that matches that description online.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:44 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cnichols
No I need the fitting that goes into the slave and has a 3-an male, I think its the one you used? Or it might be a different member on here.

So yes i wanna get rid of the quick disconect, I am using the same set up as you. I just need to find that fitting? Can you help me out?

Thanks
Josh
Old 04-27-2007, 10:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ranger2339
So yes i wanna get rid of the quick disconect, I am using the same set up as you. I just need to find that fitting? Can you help me out?
Russell part number 640281.

At Summit Racing's site this is part number RUS-640281.

You will need to pull your slave cylinder, push out the tension pin on the quick connect extension, remove the quick connect fitting, insert the Russell fitting, reinsert the tension pin, and then reassemble the slave cylinder and reinstall the tranny, if I understand right.

See this thread:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....4&postcount=44

The silver thing is what the Russell fitting looks like. You can see the dot for the tension pin in the second picture, and the fitting installed.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:13 PM
TECH Regular

autozone > summit for anything russel as far as when it can be had. i ran down to a local speed shop for my 30" line however and got it in like 2 days. always check your local speed shops since usually their suppliers have the **** already.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Big thanks to everyone. This thread has made the 4L60E to T56 swap in my Miata much easier. The Wildwood mounted on a plate works flawlessly & the threads on the Wildwood piston are correct for the Miata clutch pedal connector as well.

I'm probably going to cut the stock quick coupler on the slave cylinder & thread the remaining rod end & then JB weld an NPT to -3AN or a flare fitting to it. This will keep me from having to waiting until the end of May for a Russell fitting. I've called several vendors & that fitting is elusive. Although, the use of the Russell fitting was a great find & a good solution; well done.

It'll be a couple of weeks yet before the swap is finished. Can't wait to drive it.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

just call Russell directly. I gaurantee they will have the fitting in stock at their own warehouse and you will have it by friday - no cutting or JBWelding involved.

trust me - i had the same problem with my fuel rail fitting. Summit was backordered for months and so was Jegs and every other internet retailer....Russell acted nonchalant, said they had several dozen in stock and didn't know why the retail outlets didn't have any

i don't understand that company at all....
Old 07-09-2007, 12:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LS1Diva
I tapped the slave cylinder for AN fitting and ran the lines outside for easy access. I'm also using a Wilwood 3/4" master.
hate to bring this back from the dead, but has anyone else tried this method yet?
Old 07-09-2007, 08:33 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Kamin
hate to bring this back from the dead, but has anyone else tried this method yet?
No need to tap as they already make fittings that can be used with the slave cylinder to convert to AN. Tapping it makes no sense.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

im just getting my ducks in a row, summit/jegs say they are out of the russell fitting for 2 weeks but i didnt call them (obviously) over the weekend.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:53 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah they are and so is about every other online store. You'll have to either try and call russell for the fitting. Or order it from summit and they will ship it out on the date they have listed when you purchase it.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

called russell, out of stock for 2 weeks.

if i didnt kinda need to have this car on track the first weekend in august, it wouldnt be a big deal. but i WAS trying to build my mounts THIS weekend and would rather not have to drop the trans for a $20 part lol
Old 07-09-2007, 02:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kamin
called russell, out of stock for 2 weeks.

if i didnt kinda need to have this car on track the first weekend in august, it wouldnt be a big deal. but i WAS trying to build my mounts THIS weekend and would rather not have to drop the trans for a $20 part lol
I feel your pain. I wish i didn't hafta drop the trans PERIOD. Why can't someone just make a male quick connect to male AN -3 fitting or something?
Old 07-09-2007, 02:55 PM
TECH Addict

I have one of these fittings but it has a -4AN fitting on it, will I run into any trouble using all -4AN sized parts?
Old 07-09-2007, 03:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

whered you get that

how much

tell us now
Old 07-09-2007, 03:33 PM
TECH Addict

I got hooked up, it's a McLeod part and is also twice as much as it's Russell counterpart.

Here it is
Old 07-09-2007, 04:20 PM
On The Tree

Kamin, If you are just getting your ducks in a row and not in an immediate need for it, just order the one from Summit. Thats what I did, and it got here in about a month but I still have yet to actually need it.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

well unfortunately since russell is out of the fitting, its going from ordering the part, to figuring out another method haha. im on a time constraint that is becoming tighter and tighter every day. ive got 3.5 weeks to get it done. if its not, its not a huge deal. because i know the rule dont rush and do it right. but if a 22$ part is gonna hold me up for 2 weeks im gonna be kinda pissed.

you arent using yours? can i buy it? hahaha
Old 07-09-2007, 06:24 PM
On The Tree

Hell naw!!!! lol

Quick Reply: More 240SX Clutch Master Questions...