Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More 240SX Clutch Master Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 06:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha it was worth a shot

no big deal, ordered the mcleod adapter, -4 female to -3 male adapter, 36" -3 to 10mm banjo line, then the banjo bolt. an extra $20 is a drop in the bucket at this point haha.

also ordered a set of headers that might not require modification, but ill reveal that later
Old 07-09-2007, 07:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kamin
haha it was worth a shot

no big deal, ordered the mcleod adapter, -4 female to -3 male adapter, 36" -3 to 10mm banjo line, then the banjo bolt. an extra $20 is a drop in the bucket at this point haha.

also ordered a set of headers that might not require modification, but ill reveal that later
Were those headers the hooker shorty block huggers by chance? If so they wouldn't work for me, had to box them up and send them back!
Old 07-09-2007, 08:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

eh was worth a shot lol

why didnt they work?
Old 07-09-2007, 08:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kamin
eh was worth a shot lol

why didnt they work?
Same reason, for me at least, that almost all the others didn't. The collector location is either right where the rack or the steering shaft is at or in the case of the hooker block huggers it pointed right at it and didn't leave enough room to try to have an outlet curve off to the side to go around the steering shaft and the u-joint on top of the steering rack. I also tried turning them around to see if they would work that way but they wouldn't physically bolt up the engine that way with the way they were designed.

You may get lucky and they will work since you might have the engine in a different spot. I hope for you that they will work for they are cheap headers and if you could get them to work that would be great! I ended up buying a cheap set of long tube headers and some bending mistakes and I'm going to eventually fab up my own set of long tubes. They won't be pretty but they should work is how I'm looking at them!
Old 07-10-2007, 03:51 PM
11 Second Club

Best to just order the Hinsons. I fabbed everything else, but the quality of their headers is well worth the money...especially considering the time saved.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cnichols
Best to just order the Hinsons. I fabbed everything else, but the quality of their headers is well worth the money...especially considering the time saved.
If you are talking to me I can't use their headers... from what I hear you have to have the motor pretty much where they placed it and I'd have to modify theirs then. I also, if I can get the headers done the way I'm going to do them, beyond time involved will have $210 into them so that won't be so bad.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cnichols
....You have to remove the tension pin first and it comes right out. *NOTE: The Russell package comes with two. One did NOT fit. Not sure if they were supposed to be identical or not, but there was a slight difference between the two. One fit pefect, the other would not go in.....
Is there a trick to get that pin out? I've been trying to get it out but with no luck....
Old 07-11-2007, 09:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Find a small punch and tap it out using a hammer. Once you have enough sticking out of the other side to grab it with some dikes or pliers, do so. Sometimes twisting while pulling helps.

Or go to your local cheap hardware store like Harbor Freight and pick up a tension pin remover for $15-25.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:22 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by shifty`
Find a small punch and tap it out using a hammer. Once you have enough sticking out of the other side to grab it with some dikes or pliers, do so. Sometimes twisting while pulling helps.

Or go to your local cheap hardware store like Harbor Freight and pick up a tension pin remover for $15-25.
Yeah harbor freight has everything. I work there and still don't know half the random **** we have.

My neighbor got it out for me he just used a small punch and gave it a few good wacks with a hammer. Worked great and then just hammer it back in once you put the other adaptor in.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:16 PM
11 Second Club

I used a nail that I cut the end off so there was no point. Just find the right size finishing nail and you're good to go.

Quick Reply: More 240SX Clutch Master Questions...