Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update on my 65 Chevy II

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check with Sanderson Headers (http://www.sandersonheaders.com/). They make several models of headers for LS1s. Not all of them are on their web site, you may need to ask for a catalog. I got a set from them in steel for $250, then had to move a couple tubes to clear my steering box. They provided me with a box of scrap bends for $20, then once we finished the mods, I sent them back and they ceramic coated them for $120. They were very helpful. If the folks that answer the phone seem less than helpful, asked to speak to one of the technical folks, they were great to work with. They've been on the car for almost a year now and have been trouble free and still look new. You can see details of what we did in my journal link in my sig. Look on pages 6-7-10

Pat

Last edited by Stu Cool; 03-16-2007 at 02:53 PM.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, I was really hoping for the ford headers to work.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:21 PM
TECH Regular

There have been several people that have cut Ford headers and welded LS1 flanges on without any problems. If you are really worried about the primaries moving just weld a 1" strip across all 4 tubes about and inch or two from the flange...then cut off the old flange and weld on the LS1 flange.

Also, have you thought about notching your framerail? It does not look like it will need much and as long as you weld in a filler panel and maybe a diamond brace on the outside edge it should be just as strong as begore.

Food for thought. Thanks for serving.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Do you guys think the sanderson shorties with the rack setup will work, suppose to the steering box stu cool had, to make clearance for! Since I am using the rack setup do you guys think it would work...
Old 03-26-2007, 07:28 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by AlmostfastLT1
Do you guys think the sanderson shorties with the rack setup will work, suppose to the steering box stu cool had, to make clearance for! Since I am using the rack setup do you guys think it would work...

Do you have an aftermarket clip or a R&P conversion?

I should add that the vette manifolds would of worked with a Heidts front but wouldn't with the TCI since the frame rails are kicked in an inch or so.

Jimmy
Old 03-27-2007, 12:53 AM
Teching In

which year vette manifolds did you try? The earlier manifolds are different than the newer ones I believe.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:18 AM
Teching In

K!

Dammit!! Why didn't you ask this on Steves? I have a set of factory LS7 headers! Remember? I did the custom headers on the LS7!

If you pay for shipping I'll get them to you so you can try them out!

PM me over at Steves!!!!

John
Old 03-27-2007, 02:17 AM
Teching In

roger-wilco
Old 03-27-2007, 04:30 AM
Launching!

Yes, I'd also like to know what Vette manifolds worked with the Heidts, as I've tried several sets including the Z06's to no avail......
Old 03-27-2007, 07:18 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 67pete
Yes, I'd also like to know what Vette manifolds worked with the Heidts, as I've tried several sets including the Z06's to no avail......
https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts-sale/682968-corvette-exhaust-manifolds-truck-manifolds.html

Pete,

I have a TCI and these would of cleared the frame rail had it not been kicked in. Keep in mind I welded in my own frame towers I should of made that clear in my earlier post I apologize.

Here is a some pics of them. You can see in the pics that they just hit the frame rail on the pass side. Drivers side fit perfect.

Jimmy

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrow...der_id=1816410
Old 03-27-2007, 08:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by nova65ss
Do you have an aftermarket clip or a R&P conversion?

I should add that the vette manifolds would of worked with a Heidts front but wouldn't with the TCI since the frame rails are kicked in an inch or so.

Jimmy

I have a checkered racing front clip, it similar to the others but has a qa1 set etc...

Quick Reply: Update on my 65 Chevy II