Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Im starting a 90 mustang coupe ls1 swap.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 01:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Im starting a 90 mustang coupe ls1 swap.

i have a 90 coupe and I will be putting an ls1 in it. I will probably get her running with a stock motor for now and then toss in a iron block 370 and do a twin turbo setup on her.

the car is more of toy / track car than anything else. I got it as a roller from a guy building a track car. it was gutted allready. it has a nice complete aeromotive fuel system in it. draglite wheels, a new painless wiring harness came wiht it that I may use.

I have a th350 that will be going in it.

Currently i am taking out the k-member to put in a Qa1 k member. then I will be looking into motormounts and putting in a manual rack and coil overs.

before putting in the motor I want to do somthing about all the little holes on the engine bay. I may weld them up and repaint or may just cut out large sections and replace it with sheet metal.

I have heard that I may have clearance issue with the firewall and trans tunnel. I am thinking about cutting sections away and then welding up sheet metal to give more room. I still need to see if it will affect the stuctural integrity of the car.

I am thinking abotu locating the coils in the cowl. where are yall locating them?

feel free to post up any useful links for fox body stuff.

brook

Quick Reply: Im starting a 90 mustang coupe ls1 swap.