Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Story of our LS1 swap into 67 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 09:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am sorry to say that this thread is not active anymore. While I am currently working on the car again, I have not been updating this website. After Shannon died, I didn;t really want to work on her car anymore. I apologize to all the people that continue to send private messages, I have only in the last few weeks felt like checking on internet stuff at all. I have kept a small record of progress on the Forum of our car club, Northstar Camaro Club (where I am Host), with some pics and whatnot. Thanks for all the support over the years guys.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:08 AM
11 Second Club

You kept mentioning health issues in the last few posts you made on this thread. None of that seemed real until you made the statement that you lost your wife (I assume). Sorry to hear. That has to be extrememly tough. While I haven't posted in this thread before now, I have enjoyed reading and learning from your experiences. Thank you for all your contributions to this site. Hopefully with time, you will be comfortable with working on her car to help bring back the good memories with her. Thanks again for everything.

Adam
Old 02-24-2010, 05:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sorry to hear that. also want to thank you this thread has helped in so many ways in putting a 5.3/t56 into a 67 camaro. im going to try to do a good writeup as well.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:58 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RNation0001
sorry to hear that. also want to thank you this thread has helped in so many ways in putting a 5.3/t56 into a 67 camaro. im going to try to do a good writeup as well.
yes, very sorry to hear it. Many of the tips disclosed in this thead were used in my own swap, Thanks, and hope to see you back as soon as you are able!
Old 03-29-2010, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Next Stage...

Once again thank you to everyone that has written both here and elswhere on the interwebs, I do appreciate everyones concern.

I have been working on the car over the winter with several buddies from my local camaro club as well as my unemployed neighbor. I ripped out the interior, fixed a floorpan I had no idea was bad, put down dynamat and new carpet, changed over to power windows, and then decided to re-wire the car, now have a modern wiring harness, vintage air, and a USA-230 radio. Decided to get the white interior swap done, and updated the doorpanels, and went with Pro-Car Rallye seats. Did not care for the cheap vinyl on the seats, so I sent them out to be recovered in Madrid Grain Vinyl, in white. While they are out, I cut and rewelded the floor brackets to drop the seats 1.5 inches.

Over the course of this, I welded in every hole I could, sealed off everything possible, repainted the dash, and the firewall, and then also the core support. Currently working on the inner fender wells right now. Decided to get rid of the floor console and gauges, and bought a Classic Instruments all in one gauge set. As cool as floor gauges look, they are not practical. Going to adapt the console from a 77 Camaro and include cupholders. Also changed the radiator to an Entropy unit and wired in an LS1 AC pressure sensor and cut the computer into the mix to control the AC.

Been building harnesses like crazy... Hoped to get to the paint job this year, but just couldn't swing it. Maybe next winter?

NCC Thread.

Quick Reply: Story of our LS1 swap into 67 Camaro