Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The LS1 is better than the 2JZ OR the 2JZ is better because...

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 02:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
true story.

he really might be.. his points sucked.. make no sense.. was pretty ignorant on most subjects..
i have wanted to build a honda just to embarrass all the rice owners in my area, all i ever hear is i have a v8 and its unfair.. beat them at their own game!
I built a stupid fast Honda back in Feb. Like a 7.0 car on nitrous probly..One of my buddies must have loosened the drain plug on it while we were in the swap process to change oil or something...On its maiden test drive the plug rattled out and the oil all drained out while I was going around a corner 2 houses from my house...car kept turning right and I couldnt do anything to stop it...running 45mph. Hit a culvert and flipped it 3 times. Broke the hell out of my leg and had to have massive surgery. so needless to say god don't want me having a fast honda. ricers rejoice!
Old 08-09-2009, 02:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ZTwentyAteU
I built a stupid fast Honda back in Feb. Like a 7.0 car on nitrous probly..One of my buddies must have loosened the drain plug on it while we were in the swap process to change oil or something...On its maiden test drive the plug rattled out and the oil all drained out while I was going around a corner 2 houses from my house...car kept turning right and I couldnt do anything to stop it...running 45mph. Hit a culvert and flipped it 3 times. Broke the hell out of my leg and had to have massive surgery. so needless to say god don't want me having a fast honda. ricers rejoice!
!!!! sorry about the broke leg bro.. but thats some funny ****!
Old 08-09-2009, 03:34 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn.. that happen to my buddies brothers counsins aunt on his dads side of the family... terrible ****..
Bueller.... Bueller.. Anyone?

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors.... I guess it's pretty serious...

Just thought I would add some more relevance to this conversation
Old 08-09-2009, 03:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 2Aspire
Bueller.... Bueller.. Anyone?

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors.... I guess it's pretty serious...

Just thought I would add some more relevance to this conversation

keep it coming!

(this just gives me a chance to when someone posts something related to the OP)
Old 08-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dragcamaro
its pro street class

better be some low *** 11s... im pretty sure theres been f-bodys with their "outdated" pushrods and solid rear axle do better than that with 500hp.....

hows this for not a drag car... looks to be missing some interior stuff though sorry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZHK1oICqO0
11.20's with a full weight supra.Around 3850.
Old 08-09-2009, 05:40 PM
Staging Lane

Ok.You are all funny ********.I am putting a ls1 in my sc.So they must not be that bad.Ya it wont hang with my other car but i want some torque at low end so thats why i am doing the swap.And like i said stock supras are dogs.You guys are saying the same thing i said in different words after i already said it.Anyways my point was that the supra has really good top end power.Like i said supras have no torque but you don't want to hear it from me you all have to stick together so you don't feel bad after you get told the truth.If you really like Honda's then you need help.And the point of the video of the supra doing a burnout at 80 was that he was beating a turbo busa.And what i said was i dont see a LSX motor doing that.But you know it is the truth so you changed the story and said oh i can do a burn out a 70.So i really do care anymore because you want to change the subject about every thing i say.This is just like the old Chevy vs Ford.You LSX guru's have stick together so your never wrong.But on supraforums.com someone put a LSX motor with twin t88's into a supra and ran just as fast as the other supras were running.But we didn't tell him he's an idiot or tell him what a dumb *** he is or how over is head he was we said thats ******* awesome.I could have built a 2jz but it had been done many times before.I could of done a mod motor but i already have messed with fords for a long time so i decided to try something different.But i might change my mind because i dont want to get a LSX and turn in to a major dick head like you all are.So now that i have said what i needed to say you can come and change the subject.And get your buddy's to say how much supras suck.So you can feel like you won.

Last edited by wheels 2; 08-09-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wheels 2
Ok.You are all funny ********.I am putting a ls1 in my sc.So they must not be that bad.Ya it wont hang with my other car but i want some torque at low end so thats why i am doing the swap.And like i said stock supras are dogs.You guys are saying the same thing i said in different words after i already said it.Anyways my point was that the supra has really good top end power.Like i said supras have no torque but you don't want to hear it from me you all have to stick together so you don't feel bad after you get told the truth.If you really like Honda's then you need help.And the point of the video of the supra doing a burnout at 80 was that he was beating a turbo busa.And what i said was i dont see a LSX motor doing that.But you know it is the truth so you changed the story and said oh i can do a burn out a 70.So i really do care anymore because you want to change the subject about every thing i say.This is just like the old Chevy vs Ford.You LSX guru's have stick together so your never wrong.But on supraforums.com someone put a LSX motor with twin t88's into a supra and ran just as fast as the other supras were running.But we didn't tell him he's an idiot or tell him what a dumb *** he is or how over is head he was we said thats ******* awesome.I could have built a 2jz but it had been done many times before.I could of done a mod motor but i already have messed with fords for a long time so i decided to try something different.But i might change my mind because i dont want to get a LSX and turn in to a major dick head like you all are.So now that i have said what i needed to say you can come and change the subject.And get your buddy's to say how much supras suck.So you can feel like you won.

you didnt have to type a big reply to defend yourself. truth is, we don't care. hell we wouldnt care if you had the fastest lsx supra in the world, we just saw a chance to pick on you, and you took the bait.
good luck with your swap
Old 08-09-2009, 08:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

11.20's with a full weight supra.Around 3850.

and your talking about leaving me in the dust.....

Old 08-10-2009, 02:11 AM
Staging Lane

you didnt have to type a big reply to defend yourself. truth is, we don't care. hell we wouldnt care if you had the fastest lsx supra in the world, we just saw a chance to pick on you, and you took the bait.
good luck with your swap
OK thanks.At least you dont change the subject like lemons12.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:15 AM
Staging Lane

and your talking about leaving me in the dust.....

Changing the subject again.
And a stock supra with exhaust/intake and some fuel upgrades runs that.Not my car.I don't want to argue because you just want to keep arguing.
Wow no reply to my long story?Well good bye.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

And a stock supra with exhaust/intake and some fuel upgrades runs that.Not my car.I don't want to argue because you just want to keep arguing.
Evan's just pushing your buttons man
Old 08-10-2009, 05:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

OK thanks.At least you dont change the subject like lemons12.
he changed the subject many times with me actually... here is one for example..
i changed the subject when i said i would dust your ***?

a stock supra with exhaust/intake and fuel upgrades with nothing more wont even THINK about touching that.. hell, i would be SHOCKED if it hit mid 12s.. or 12s period for that matter..

Evan's just pushing your buttons man
at least someone has some common sense...

people these days...
Old 08-10-2009, 05:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

my head hurts now from reading that
Old 08-10-2009, 05:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by NemeSS
my head hurts now from reading that
i read about half a sentence..
Old 06-01-2010, 04:48 PM
NLA
Teching In

You can build power with any motor its just a matter of money. I have had a 523 hp ls-vtec civic that was worthless a 480 hp 1jzgte that was fun to play in a fast 347 in a 51 f100 a 383 in a 73 corvette and now im about to build a ls-series engine for my camaro if you all were really car guy-girls you would appreciate the work put in and the power put out by any of these cars. My daily driver now is a K20A2 turbo hatch that puts down 340whp on a stock motor now for like 8 months. Tuning Tuning Tuning.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by NLA
You can build power with any motor its just a matter of money. I have had a 523 hp ls-vtec civic that was worthless a 480 hp 1jzgte that was fun to play in a fast 347 in a 51 f100 a 383 in a 73 corvette and now im about to build a ls-series engine for my camaro if you all were really car guy-girls you would appreciate the work put in and the power put out by any of these cars. My daily driver now is a K20A2 turbo hatch that puts down 340whp on a stock motor now for like 8 months. Tuning Tuning Tuning.
Sweet cars man... Got any pics or vids of any of them?
Old 06-02-2010, 08:48 AM
NLA
Teching In

I still have the corvette the Camaro and the Honda I will get some pics up when I get home from work this weekend. I work out of town construction. I just picked up a new 1950 f1 and a 91 240sx that I plan to start on soon so ill get pics of all my toys.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:11 AM
Teching In

I have an IS300 that Im gonna be ditching the 2jz and slapping in a LS1
Old 06-19-2010, 09:21 PM
TECH Addict

2jz makes for a wonderful boat anchor
Old 07-12-2010, 09:04 PM
On The Tree

I think this is a retarded topic for the most part. It is completely budget oriented. In the end, the big wallet wins. Pick the one you want and throw all your money at it.

Check out this 1000+ hp 4.3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5ej6SPKk3w If you listen carefully, you can hear the man say 1204 hp @ 24 lbs at the end. This would be an easy 1600 hp build with two extra cylinders. There is some fuel for the fire.

Honestly, I wish I could have one of each. Identical cars and turbo setups.

Quick Reply: The LS1 is better than the 2JZ OR the 2JZ is better because...