Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update: Mustang custom gauge cluster.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 02:25 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so while you're still waiting on the car to return....... i thought i'd share a pic of my setup now that the modified factory enclosure is in place and it's worth looking at. when i bought the car, which already had the setup in it, you could see all the wires sticking out through the bottom of the housing and it looked terrible. plus, it let sunlight in through the top & bottom making all the warning indicators on the top row look like they were lit up. for $5.00 i picked up a stock unit and just trimmed it to fit. sorry for the glare....

i'll be the first to admit they don't look as nice as your's, but the housing is something that can be bought from a couple different places....

www.florida50.com has them, but for a pretty penny. for just a standard empty housing you're looking at $225, more if you want lights/indicators. you can also buy them complete, mounted & wired, ready to go for nearly $700 if i remember correctly and depending on what guages you choose. however, it's much cheaper to wire them yourself and isn't as hard as it looks.

the better option for the housing is mine, by www.mc-machine.com. quite a bit less at $150! they've got them for ALL the fox bodies, from '79-93's. plus you get real warning indicators rather than idiot lights. the signals & high beam indicator are nicer too, but either of them are really nice.

and of course, the cheapest route is doing it ALL from scratch as Brain's has done. with some time & patience, it can look just as nice as something paid for, if not better!

Last edited by PRAY HRD; 05-04-2007 at 02:51 AM.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks nice and clean, I like the way it fits in the dash!
Old 05-04-2007, 09:25 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks. your's should look at least that clean!
Old 05-04-2007, 10:55 PM
TECH Resident

I went with a single 3/38 speedo and then 4 x 2 1/16 gauges around them to avoid the overhang from the plastic surround.... i also went with ultralites and will have pictures shortly
Old 05-11-2007, 10:16 PM
TECH Resident

here is a low quality pic of my cluster not 100% done yet though

Quick Reply: Update: Mustang custom gauge cluster.