Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

been lurking, my LS1 drift car (240sx)

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 01:48 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha, our mounts are like twinkies. did you use leftover rollcage tubing and mounting plate too?
Old 05-01-2007, 05:10 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BLKLS1240SX
^^^so The Bulid Would It Cost Around The Same Price As Hinson Or Do I Need To Just Call Up There To Get The Price To B/c I Went To The Site And It Told Me Everything But That..

Just call either of the two and get a quote, I don't imagine Hinson costing less than any of the two I just mentioned. Not to mention your engine won't stick through your hood along with the other pitfalls i've seen from hinson stuff.

Originally Posted by mikespeed95
haha, our mounts are like twinkies. did you use leftover rollcage tubing and mounting plate too?

I wouldn't say left over, we have an 8' by 8' sheet of it! But yeah...haha, i'm going to pull it all back out and reinforce it some. It's the easiest way!
Old 05-01-2007, 05:41 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Alt
One of those cars didn't happen to be down at the Eldersburg show last year did it?
The S14.5 was there. We also had it dynoed at that show.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:27 PM
Alt
TECH Resident

I totally saw that car there, I wanted to talk to the owner to see what was done to it I didn't get a chance to stay long. I was there with 2 friends of mine, the bright green integra (Al) and the half blue half black civic si (Korei)
Old 05-01-2007, 06:35 PM
Teching In

I know your car man ive seen you at many local drift events also. I live in silver spring im gonna call MA see if they can make me some mounts.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:15 PM
On The Tree

couple of updates.

I was able to move the motor back A LOT w/o redoing the X-member. My problem was that I had the transmission jacked WAY too far up, making the motor pivot forward and look like it was way out of place, I've since fixed that, and started making headers.

Old 05-12-2007, 02:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

looking good matt think the hood is going to close?
Old 05-12-2007, 10:04 AM
On The Tree

yeah, I already checked, that has been one of my main concerns the whole time. So I slap it on every couple of days just to reassure myself, I have like 1" of clearance under there.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

only thing i see is you might have a hard time with the intake.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mattmartindrift
yeah, I already checked, that has been one of my main concerns the whole time. So I slap it on every couple of days just to reassure myself, I have like 1" of clearance under there.
haha thats gonna be one of mine too. im not cutting up my CF hood lol
Old 05-12-2007, 12:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by fouz65
only thing i see is you might have a hard time with the intake.

yeah, i've been thinking about that, I think I might actually weld on an extension to the throttle body, just so I don't have to fool w/ hose clamps and manipulation silicone couplers to clear the hood.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

yours might be different but, the intake has to go behind the radiator at a slight angle back to the factory air box location. unless you had some other idea different than any other i have seen. i barely got a 3.5 inch intake on mine. about .25 inch gap between intake and power steering pump pulley. but looks like you dont have power steering ATM. i like the way your making you headers. so they dont split around the shaft. hinsons headers you have to take the shaft out and then unbolt the motor, push motor as far as you can to pass side to get them out. pass side is easy but the driver side is a major PITA!

Last edited by fouz65; 05-12-2007 at 10:31 PM.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by fouz65
yours might be different but, the intake has to go behind the radiator at a slight angle back to the factory air box location. unless you had some other idea different than any other i have seen. i barely got a 3.5 inch intake on mine. about .25 inch gap between intake and power steering pump pulley. but looks like you dont have power steering ATM. i like the way your making you headers. so they dont split around the shaft. hinsons headers you have to take the shaft out and then unbolt the motor, push motor as far as you can to pass side to get them out. pass side is easy but the driver side is a major PITA!

well, I'm running stand-alone engine management, so MAFS isn't in the equation. So it doesn't matter where I route the intake, yes, I will be using PS, just have yet to buy the pump.

The radiator also sits much lower than those pictures actually reveal, it's only a 14" high radiator.

Yeah, the headers was a big concern, only now, i'm pondering doing tri-Y slip collectors instead of one 4-1 merge collector, that way I can remove the headers w/o taking apart the steering column.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:39 AM
On The Tree

Awsome! Were did you score that EMS from?

Ax
Old 05-13-2007, 09:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Is that a factory color on that car? The entire engine bay is that color and its either been torn apart and painted, or its that funky green from the factory.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:00 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ranger2339
Awsome! Were did you score that EMS from?

Ax

our shop sells them.

Electromotive, you can google their website. They make the Tec2, tec3, and tec3R

Originally Posted by bonecrrusher
Is that a factory color on that car? The entire engine bay is that color and its either been torn apart and painted, or its that funky green from the factory.

we've had the whole car totally apart, I bought it stripped it, caged it then sent it out for paint.

Old 05-13-2007, 01:47 PM
TECH Regular

Hey Matt you were talking about Gm cars not been good to drift in. How about that Caddy that was out there a few years back. CTSV driven by Dado.
Only mods he had was exhaust, tune and shocks. That car weighed in at 3872 in Kilkare Oh. He seemed to do ok for what it was..
Old 05-13-2007, 01:50 PM
TECH Regular

http://pathogenproductions.vidiac.co...b700b795bf.htm

vid
Old 05-13-2007, 03:14 PM
On The Tree

it's too heavy/slow. Yes it looks to drift well as it is easy to spin the tires. However, watch his ODS video on the infield, the car is very slow to come around and be as nimble as any of the other cars out there; compare his speed to anyone else's from this ODS video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BztBWf-ALAg
Old 05-13-2007, 06:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by mattmartindrift
it's too heavy/slow. Yes it looks to drift well as it is easy to spin the tires. However, watch his ODS video on the infield, the car is very slow to come around and be as nimble as any of the other cars out there; compare his speed to anyone else's from this ODS video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BztBWf-ALAg

Well at the same time his bank speeds seems to be faster then anyone else that year. For a slow/heavy car he won a few events with that car. and If i recall he lost to JR that year at ODS. Well he is back to the BMW this year doing the NOPI Drift, what events are you going to run next year?? Good luck to you and hope your new setup rocks. Also what is Fedor up to?? We used to see him all the time.

http://pathogenproductions.vidiac.co...16e570aa5c.htm

Quick Reply: been lurking, my LS1 drift car (240sx)