Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

been lurking, my LS1 drift car (240sx)

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 06:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mattmartindrift
it's too heavy/slow. Yes it looks to drift well as it is easy to spin the tires. However, watch his ODS video on the infield, the car is very slow to come around and be as nimble as any of the other cars out there; compare his speed to anyone else's from this ODS video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BztBWf-ALAg
The black 240sx with the rb26 was doing well
Old 05-13-2007, 07:01 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by A502slo
Well at the same time his bank speeds seems to be faster then anyone else that year. For a slow/heavy car he won a few events with that car. and If i recall he lost to JR that year at ODS. Well he is back to the BMW this year doing the NOPI Drift, what events are you going to run next year?? Good luck to you and hope your new setup rocks. Also what is Fedor up to?? We used to see him all the time.

http://pathogenproductions.vidiac.co...16e570aa5c.htm

Never seen a Caddy drift but that was hot
Old 05-13-2007, 08:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by A502slo
Well at the same time his bank speeds seems to be faster then anyone else that year. For a slow/heavy car he won a few events with that car. and If i recall he lost to JR that year at ODS. Well he is back to the BMW this year doing the NOPI Drift, what events are you going to run next year?? Good luck to you and hope your new setup rocks. Also what is Fedor up to?? We used to see him all the time.

http://pathogenproductions.vidiac.co...16e570aa5c.htm

what was his clock speed? I drift in 4th gear there it's a 1:1 4th gear w/ a 4.08 final drive. anywhere from 4-7k rpms which translates to about 120-130mph wheel speeds.

what events did he win in that car? I know he did fairly well, but the car didn't suit his driving style, nor did the owner's inability to mod it further than open headers and a cage.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:13 PM
TECH Regular

Atlanta, Beaver Run, Englishtown and KilKare against Fedor. We had to stop and tied for 1st place cause Fedor ran out of tires. We had a choice to take 1st or split it with him. Fedor and i were friends and so we split it. Had four 2nd and seven 3rds, we did 18 events that year. Also we did not have a hand brake on the car, but we did have AC and NAV. lol the cam work sucks here is another vid. The car did not have a cage btw. i wish it did. the banks of ODS he was 3rd to 4th 3.73 gears.

http://pathogenproductions.vidiac.co...d32258a01a.htm

Against James at ods
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G9VGrRDeeg

Last edited by A502slo; 05-13-2007 at 09:29 PM.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:23 PM
Staging Lane

Was that caddy a manual
Old 05-14-2007, 07:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Alt
Matt, where has ma-motorsports moved to in the city?

the.erinyes, I'm in westminster all the time I've probably seen you around.
It is amazing how many LS1/240 conversions are happening in the area. I need to get cracking!

Matt, nice progress on the swap!
Old 01-04-2008, 10:16 AM
On The Tree

alright, so, it's been a long while since I updated. I got a new job, caught up on a ton of at-home jibber jabber.

Started the headers on the passenger side, i'll have to get pics soon. Motor will be coming out today or early next week for "final" assembly with rod bolts, securing all the covers, making a trigger-wheel assembly, etc. etc.

I decided to go with a 4 speed race transmission as buying a T56, and then having it built was just tooooo costly, especially when I only will ever need up to 4th gear.

I went with a Tex racing unit with magnesium tail housing ($900 shipped) then to adapt it I went with the lakewood 15005 bellhousing. I will be retro(future?)fitting this bellhousing with a hydraulic clutch setup instead of the suggested manual setup.

Pics:

Old 01-04-2008, 11:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i love drift cars for the power and style aspect of it but what do yall do suspention wise?
Old 01-04-2008, 12:09 PM
On The Tree

well, luckily the japanese have been competively drifting and developing drift-related products for a long while.

So, there are many bolt-on setups for us. Differentials, coilover suspensions, etc.

The largest parallels I can draw (relative to F-bodies) are to road racing. If you have the adjustability of an okay road race car -- suspension damping, alignments, tire pressure -- you should be fairly set to go.

I, however, recomend learning a stock-as-stock-gets car and then modify from there in order to effectively "learn" each mod and use it to it's fullest potential.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:50 PM
On The Tree

Good to see you made a post on here matt. The other forum is to split with people who love or hate LS1, but we all know the truth on this site... HAHA cheers.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:13 PM
TECH Resident

wow that tranny is tiny.

get it done you jew! you better come play at some nopee events this year.

Quick Reply: been lurking, my LS1 drift car (240sx)