Sponsored by:

newbie...with a ls1....but not in your typical car

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 01:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for the record
<- not a basher

i think all the others are just jealous because your civic will out run their f-body when it's all said and done.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Civette
better than some on here.......lol.....i dont think one person as smarted off on there yet! lol
that's surprising but hey i wish i knew this much about cars to just have some fun like this and swap an lsx into some random car. awesome! i'm gonna go tell some more people
Old 06-29-2007, 01:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

75,000 views in under a month has to be some sort of record
Old 06-29-2007, 02:18 AM
12 Second Club

As an ex-LS1 owner and a current Honda owner, this is ******* amazing! I can't wait to see the it done!
Old 06-29-2007, 03:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Civette
lol 100,000 on honda-tech.com and 70,000 on here.....DAMN!!!!!IM FAMOUS!!!!.......lol

Whats funny is you could build that thing for 600+hp and have the worlds most reliable 600+hp Honda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck finding a big power honda that cna be daily driven problem free and holding together.

I know there was one that was 800hp but he cranked the boost way down for the street.

There may be a few but not many that hold together I think. As in over 500hp.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:15 AM
Teching In

word!!
Old 06-29-2007, 04:33 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
Whats funny is you could build that thing for 600+hp and have the worlds most reliable 600+hp Honda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck finding a big power honda that cna be daily driven problem free and holding together.
You are very true, you won't find many, if any, 600whp Hondas that are daily driven and problem free.

My friend actually has a 500whp Civic that he drives to and from the track, to work sometimes, and just around on the streets for the hell of it. I personally have no idea how hard it is to drive, let alone how streetable it really is, but I know for 500whp it is damn reliable.

Now I am going to dispute a little. Your statement is true, but a little offset. You are taking two completely different types of motors and pretty much saying they should be able to do the same thing and have the same reliability.

Comparing the reliability of a 600whp I4 and a 600whp V8 is like comparing a Jerry Springer weight problem woman and a Playboy model; not going to happen. There is so much that makes the one better then the other without a doubt. I mean the general motor size for a 600whp Honda is most likely a 2.0L B-Series. Then you have a 600whp 5.7L LS1. Take them both down the track in their respective vehicles, a 2000 pound Civic and a 3500 pound F-Body.

I think it would be fair to say that you can have a 400whp Honda competing against a 600whp F-Body to be a pretty fair run and they will both be very streetable cars.

Sorry, I had to. Number one thing people forget is power to weight.

And just so noone starts freaking out, I'm not trying to start anything. I still love the F-Bodies, actually tried getting another one, but the parents weren't too hot on that, because my maniac youth revolved around my ex-Trans Am. I just try and make due with what I have.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:38 AM
12 Second Club

By the way, any estimation on when the car will be driven? Not even done, just running and driven.

--

Wow, I just realized that you plan on using the Corvette dash, that's pretty cool! I already like the idea of the wheels. Even though I think it would have been a lot "better" to make it into your "typical" Honda. Coilovers, Rotas GT3's, Integra GS-R front and rear disc brakes, Spoon calipers, JDM OEM foglights, badgeless grille, carbon fiber hood, get a set of JDM OEM Red Recaros, and an "exhaust" with a cutout. The typical for Honda guys, the typical for domestic guys; sleeper. Then get some funny vanity license plate like, "LSVTAK," haha.

Sorry, haha!

--

i knew i would have some people in here that would scold me for this in here.....but in the honda forums, not one person has complained.....lol
It is on a few of the forums I am on, I've actually only seen it on one, but I know it is on a few, they all love the idea. I like other types of car owners can respect others cars in general; engine, body, whatever.

Last edited by compuvision02; 06-29-2007 at 04:49 AM.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:35 AM
12 Second Club

Damn man, image some 11" rear wheels back there. It's going to be an amazing site, seeing a EJ6 burning out at the track, spinning the rear wheels, roaring like a LS1; spooge.

I will most likely be down in Nashville, TN for the Import Alliance meet in July, I'm not exactly sure how far that is from Memphis, but if it isn't too far, I'd love to check it out.

Originally Posted by Z284eternity
GET THE **** OFF THIS THREAD DUDE! IF U THINK BY ADDING A LS1 V8 TO A JAPANESE CIVIC IS GONNA EXEMPT YOU FROM BEING CALLED RICE, YOU ARE DEAD WRONG! I HATE RICE AND IMPORTS AND WHAT YOU ARE DOING IS UNACCEPTABLE! ITS LIKE A CAMARO OWNER INSTALLING A CIVIC 4 CYL. IN THEIR SS!!
And this is why I hate some domestic owners. They think headers and a catback means they are the bomb *** diggity! I used to be the same way as you with my Trans Am, then I got romped by a few Hondas. Then I actually got one and you get a different perspective on the opposite end. You respect more that you used to not respect; people you used to respect, you don't. I love F-Bodies and I love Hondas now. It's a funny thing, grow up buddy.

I really wish my WorldIsRound accounts weren't messed up, because there is too much stuff in them, because I'd post a few pictures that would shut you up. Ever hear of domestic rice? I used to have tons of pictures, Mustangs and F-Bodies included, even seen my share of Corvettes. Everything you stated is just the "expected" to you, even though it isn't true. Some people think the Berger grille is ricey. So shut up.

Originally Posted by deeksmooth
..."its guys like you who give enthusiasts a bad name" couldn't have hit it more on the nose. i'm assuming that some day you'll come of age and realize that all different manufacturers and genre's of cars have something to offer.

...go through some twisties against that Lotus, the Testerossa, or the STi. it'd probably end up with your big displacement engine plastered on a canyon wall in the first turn. GTFO and respect all walks of cars... cause ANY monkey can drive in a straight line.
*Claps Hands*
Couldn't have said it better! I'd be happy to race his SS in a straight line and through the twisties in my Civic in a month or two.

Last edited by compuvision02; 06-29-2007 at 05:46 AM.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:31 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, what an awesome build, my hats off to you for being orriginal! That is awesome! Good luck with it, and keep us posted with pics. IMO, dont listen to people who hate things that are different! To each his own I say!

rob
Old 06-29-2007, 08:22 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by compuvision02

And this is why I hate some domestic owners. They think headers and a catback means they are the bomb *** diggity! I used to be the same way as you with my Trans Am, then I got romped by a few Hondas. Then I actually got one and you get a different perspective on the opposite end. You respect more that you used to not respect; people you used to respect, you don't. I love F-Bodies and I love Hondas now. It's a funny thing, grow up buddy.

*Claps Hands*
Couldn't have said it better! I'd be happy to race his SS in a straight line and through the twisties in my Civic in a month or two.

Dont screw up this cool hot-rodding thread with this kinda stuff bro.
You seem to be fairly intelligent,so you realize that there are plenty of F-bodies that will STILL stomp your civic in a month or two.1320 track or autoX.
Dont turn these posts into a longwinded,sissy ***,pissing contest.
Let all post their opinion without the "Quote-a-thon"
Captain Insano got owned by pretty much everyone who read that anyways,even the OP.Maybe I got a little red when I started reading all the power to weight crap.

Last edited by six_string_wiz; 06-29-2007 at 08:49 AM.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:50 AM
Launching!

I cant wait to see the VIDEO!!!!!
Old 06-29-2007, 11:47 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by six_string_wiz
You seem to be fairly intelligent,so you realize that there are plenty of F-bodies that will STILL stomp your civic in a month or two.1320 track or autoX.

Are there still, to this day, importfanboyzz out there who really believe that there are NO f bodies that can turn left and right VERY well?? Hell, my lowly, mostly stock Z28 runs mid 12s all day, and I can drop most of the imports I've come up against in their "twisties"!! Then again, I have to keep on telling the "importees" that just as they admonish me (and others) that "there is more to this world than straightaways", I will come back with, "the WHOLE world is NOT one big turn/skidpad either, the turns are connected by straights and he who puts their power down best on exit and then accelerates quickest down that said straight will more than make up for "better" turn in/entry".
That being said, a properly set up LSx/FD conversion is a VERY deadly combo on a road course ("deadly" in that it will KILL most everything out there!!).

Last edited by dailydriver; 06-29-2007 at 12:05 PM.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:57 AM
TECH Resident

this is a cool build and all but dont try and say a honda will outperform a camaro. fastest honda against the fastest camaro? i wonder who would win..... i used to have a honda, but then i grew up and wanted a fast car
Old 06-29-2007, 01:07 PM
12 Second Club

Dont turn these posts into a longwinded,sissy ***,pissing contest.
Let all post their opinion without the "Quote-a-thon"
Captain Insano got owned by pretty much everyone who read that anyways,even the OP.Maybe I got a little red when I started reading all the power to weight crap.
Nah, I'm not trying to screw it up, I just hate people like that guy. Yeah, I definetly know that V8's have much more potential, I also know that it doesn't take half the money to make a LS1 as fast as it takes a Civic. I'm just trying to shut that guy up like a few others in recent posts have done.

And as I said, I'm not trying to start anything, just put this guy in his place, because I think everyone knows that his Camaro is probably not the fastest one out there in a straight line or around the corners. Everyone else is being cool. I know my F-Body stuff, they are rediculous straight line, I only needed like $2000 more to be going 10's in mine. And mine handled fairly decent for being stock, I know a bunch of guys who have suspension work and autocross.

I'm all for this build, I love hybrids like this, guy knows his stuff too!

Last edited by compuvision02; 06-29-2007 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:13 PM
TECH Addict

Wow the honda guys are going to ******* hate you, but thats the craziest **** i have ever seen. I LOVE IT!!! Can't wait to see that thing flying around.
-Joel
Old 06-29-2007, 01:16 PM
12 Second Club

Nah, the Honda communities love it.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by compuvision02
....Now I am going to dispute a little. Your statement is true, but a little offset. You are taking two completely different types of motors and pretty much saying they should be able to do the same thing and have the same reliability.

Comparing the reliability of a 600whp I4 and a 600whp V8 is like comparing a Jerry Springer weight problem woman and a Playboy model; not going to happen. There is so much that makes the one better then the other without a doubt. I mean the general motor size for a 600whp Honda is most likely a 2.0L B-Series. Then you have a 600whp 5.7L LS1. Take them both down the track in their respective vehicles, a 2000 pound Civic and a 3500 pound F-Body.

I think it would be fair to say that you can have a 400whp Honda competing against a 600whp F-Body to be a pretty fair run and they will both be very streetable cars.

Sorry, I had to. Number one thing people forget is power to weight.

And just so noone starts freaking out, I'm not trying to start anything. I still love the F-Bodies, actually tried getting another one, but the parents weren't too hot on that, because my maniac youth revolved around my ex-Trans Am. I just try and make due with what I have.

This was a waste of space, your arguing that if they put the motor back in an f-body and give it 600hp that a 400hp Civic is just as nice. Who cares? The guy was saying, if this motor was built to 600hp, it would be alot more functional than a 600hp ricer motor. They can't handle that kinda power and stay daily driver streetable like the v-8 could. Why even throw in the weight to power info? Not relevant when this is about a CIVIC! So, let's take this Civic and put it against any other NA civic and see what happens. Cause that would be about as smart of a comment as what you were trying to make.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Maybe I got a little red when I started reading all the power to weight crap.
i feel ya on that one! wtf ya know?
Old 06-29-2007, 06:16 PM
Teching In

I think this thread will be updated on weekends so it will give everybody something to look forward to during the week!

Quick Reply: newbie...with a ls1....but not in your typical car