Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

newbie...with a ls1....but not in your typical car

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 08:43 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MonkeyPuzzle
alot of off-topic conversations/arguments in the H-T thread were beginning to make it unreadable. I totally agree with the mods that something needed to be done there, but I'm I think they should have deleted all but Civette's posts rather than all but the first post.
Still though I'm sure there is more to the story as the mods over on H-T have now locked the original thread and an additional thread, and the H-T mods have in the past been very reasonable, so I am assuming I don't know the whole story.

I say we leave it in the past and let this be the last bit of off-topic discussion in this thread.

Love the work civette, one of the guys at the office here drives a CTS-V and thinks your use of the emblem is sac religious, its awesome!
That's not the only problem they had with it, he was using the thread to show sponsors how much hype the car was getting to get money. Basically using honda-tech members to get cash for his vehicle (probably using ls1-tech for the same reason). I can't explain it as well as the mod did, but you get the point. I love this build, but it is a pretty scummy thing to do.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so yea, f'kin awesome build.
i just read through the whole thread and i must say, Damn, thats an accomplishment. cant wait to see vids of this thing in action.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Todd157k
Procedure for replacing oil sending unit:

Step 1. Remove Radio.

Kinda wacky but what a sleeper.

LMAO !!!
Old 08-19-2007, 12:04 AM
Teching In

Geez, now the douchebag mods at HT even removed Civette's posts going off on them for deleting everything, AND won't let anyone post links to LS1Tech (or any other forum.) Guess they're not done swinging their almighty d!cks around...
Old 08-19-2007, 12:15 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by johnkilo
That's not the only problem they had with it, he was using the thread to show sponsors how much hype the car was getting to get money. Basically using honda-tech members to get cash for his vehicle (probably using ls1-tech for the same reason). I can't explain it as well as the mod did, but you get the point. I love this build, but it is a pretty scummy thing to do.
That wasn't even mentioned until AFTER the thread was deleted, and, frankly, I don't see a problem with doing that. It's not like he was stealing money that would have gone to HT or something. It's just something to point at to say "Hey, look at how many people like this thing." No different from counting pageviews on a personal website, really, and HT gained a bunch of new members from the exposure. They're losing at least one (me) from deleting everything. Not that losing me will rally hurt them, as I don't have a Honda and never intend to get one, and therefore won't be soliciting any of their advertisers, but I imagine they'll lose some who would have. Not a well-thought-out move from ay angle.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:43 AM
Teching In

Civette, keep up the good work and don't let what happened on the "other site" keep you pissed for too long. I've been a member of that site for 4 years and this is the best build that I've seen since joining.

I used to frequent this site when I first heard of the psychotic swaps that involved an LSX engine.

I can't wait to see this thing drive.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:24 AM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey Civette, how about an update?
Old 08-19-2007, 11:32 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 70OldsCoupe
That wasn't even mentioned until AFTER the thread was deleted, and, frankly, I don't see a problem with doing that. It's not like he was stealing money that would have gone to HT or something. It's just something to point at to say "Hey, look at how many people like this thing." No different from counting pageviews on a personal website, really, and HT gained a bunch of new members from the exposure. They're losing at least one (me) from deleting everything. Not that losing me will rally hurt them, as I don't have a Honda and never intend to get one, and therefore won't be soliciting any of their advertisers, but I imagine they'll lose some who would have. Not a well-thought-out move from ay angle.
I agree.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:51 PM

Location: In a land where thieves thrive on Hondas for easy prey: Earth
Question

I guess another final off-topic post. Sorry, another one from Honda-Tech.

Hey Civette. I'm really sorry about your loss and its serious inconvenience to you. I for one would have appreciated if you could have used our support to get some sponsorship. Anything to keep this awesome build going. If it's any evidence of good support for your build, there was a huge backlash across Honda-Tech for losing your posts.

However, over numerous posts, we have put forth effort to restore all the update pics from your build. Apparently someone has rehosted all your updates in your build thread, much to the relief of everyone. If that's not proof of people's support for your H-T thread, I don't know what is. We all hope you can come back and pick up where you left off for us. Your build is an inspiration to us all, and IMO, the greatest build on H-T thus far.

However, I understand if you don't want to deal with the people who ruined the original thread. If that's the case, then I'll be following it here, but please consider picking up where you left off, this build deserves to be on H-T until the end.

Last edited by BlackoutVTi; 08-19-2007 at 02:33 PM.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:28 AM
On The Tree

I happen to think that this is the best use of american ingenuity I have ever seen in the recent years.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:54 AM
On The Tree

Subscribing to this one for sure!

Keep us updated!
Old 08-20-2007, 11:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 70OldsCoupe
Geez, now the douchebag mods at HT even removed Civette's posts going off on them for deleting everything, AND won't let anyone post links to LS1Tech (or any other forum.) Guess they're not done swinging their almighty d!cks around...
Damn I was wondering why all the pics disappeared.

What a douchey website.

And they want to be respected in the car tuner community...
Old 08-20-2007, 11:48 AM
TECH Regular

civette what's up man? no progress?
Old 08-21-2007, 07:06 PM

hey lets give him a break, i've heard his camera kinda sucks and i think he has a job too. LOL

He'll get to it
Old 08-21-2007, 11:15 PM

Talking

All right, all right, I'll admit I registered here to join the hordes of people who think your work is ******* mind-blowing, because it really is. I am truly in awe. You are truly a god among mechanically talented men, my friend.

Oh, and about the losers yelling at you: I'd like to see EVERY ONE OF THEM try doing this, and then enduring flack on forums for posting all this goodness.

By the way, I was linked to this thread from none other than Fark.com Unfortunately, it was only in a thread there, although if someone tried submitting the link to the mainpage, it sure as hell would have a good shot of showing up.

Oh, and to fix the fact that your heads-up display is REALLY heads-up, have you considered mounting a mirror up there (or down on the dash right above the display) to reflect the readout onto a lower part of the windshield? Hopefully, you can put my unworthy suggestion to use

God damn, this is American ingenuity at its finest.

Keep up the good work!
Old 08-22-2007, 01:05 AM
Staging Lane

I have to say damn, thats a lot of work.....
get that thing on the street...
Old 08-24-2007, 08:55 AM
11 Second Club

Congrats on your success with the conversion. I personally believe that it is one of the most interesting rides that I have seen. I, as others have would also like to commend you on your perseverance and ablitity to make it happen. Don't take the critics with any seriousness as you should hold your head high. There are VERY few far and between that could pull off such a swap. Who really cares what anyone else thinks as it is your dream/reality not theirs. Good luck with it and PLEASE keep us posted. Take care and again congrats!!!

Jim C.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:48 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Z284eternity
wipe the brown off your nose!
Wipe that brown off your dick you queer, I bet you dumb *** couldn't even have got the running gear out of the vette. WTF have you built with your own hands? I think this is cool as hell and I hate ricers and civette has some of the best talent I have seen in a while, I wish I could do a 1/4 of what he has done to this car. I wouldn't be ashamed to pull up in that car at a red carpet event.

ROCK ON CIVETTE
Old 08-26-2007, 05:31 AM
Teching In

i've been watching this build for a while, it's incredible. i love it. I never liked honda-tech even when i owned a honda. 90% of the people on the site are on there to flame everyone who isn't "JDM" in every possible way.

the search function is good for already posted information. other than that there are way too many idiots with jay dee em side markers and 1600 dollar jdm wheels.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dli1314
i've been watching this build for a while, it's incredible. i love it. I never liked honda-tech even when i owned a honda. 90% of the people on the site are on there to flame everyone who isn't "JDM" in every possible way.

the search function is good for already posted information. other than that there are way too many idiots with jay dee em side markers and 1600 dollar jdm wheels.
Same. I drive an 02 Accord as my daily and I wanted alittle more pep out of my five year old car. I went to a couple honda sites and it was terrible. "Why didn't you swap your engine" or "only use (blank) jdm parts". Based on the lack of help i just said f-it and it's still stock. I love this build thread though. It's amazing.

Quick Reply: newbie...with a ls1....but not in your typical car