Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A-body LS-x swap guys, read this before you get started!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 01:53 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got the alt. relo kit on today, sort of.... If the tensioner relocation bracket works out, I think this will be the way to go for all the A-body swaps, as there is a TON of room between the steering box and motor now.

I also allowed myself to break into my secret stash and assemble my C6 Z06 front brakes on the ATS tall spindles. Just to see what they would look like.
Attached Thumbnails A-body LS-x swap guys, read this before you get started!-altrelokit.jpg   A-body LS-x swap guys, read this before you get started!-z06front.jpg   A-body LS-x swap guys, read this before you get started!-z06front2.jpg  
Old 10-25-2007, 04:14 PM
On The Tree

You'll probably ignore me or tell me to GFM again, but, I used a power trunk release from an early 80's Volvo 260 in a second gen Camaro a couple years ago. It worked great. But you are probably looking for a GM unit. Just a little heads up.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:19 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the tip.

Unless I knew the unit would bolt in with no mods, I'm not sure I'd take a chance. I suppose I could take my manual one with me to the "yard"...

I may not be using one at all if the fiberglass "bolt on" trunk lids don't have a provision for the release mechanism. I have a good metal trunklid, so I'm not sure which way I'm going with that just yet. My goal is to take as much wieght out of the car as I can, so all the power option BS doesn't make the car a barge..

Quick Reply: A-body LS-x swap guys, read this before you get started!