Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

name that harness [help needed]

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 10:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so the ls1 doesn't have a provision to something similar to park/neutral switch like the automatic??? i knoe in my maxima...there's a park/neutral switch on the auto and a neutral switch at the clutch pedal for a manual...when in park or neutral the auto tranny sends a short between two pins indicating car is in park or neutral to start the car....and in manual when the clutch pedal is pressed...the switch in the back sends a short to two similar pins indicating to ecu the clutch is pressed and ok to start....
Old 07-10-2007, 10:40 PM
TECH Resident

The clutch switch is supposedly used for some fuel/spark tweaks too, and makes it drive a little smoother. I don't have it hooked up on my car, but I'll get around to it once I get a cruise control module.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a good thread.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:46 PM
TECH Resident

What 67rsss was saying is that the starter cutout for clutch switch or park/neutral is completely indepentent of the engine & PCM. Those are part of the body wiring harness. The PCM connection on the clutch switch on a 4th gen is separate terminal from the starter cutout wiring.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rodder
What 67rsss was saying is that the starter cutout for clutch switch or park/neutral is completely indepentent of the engine & PCM. Those are part of the body wiring harness. The PCM connection on the clutch switch on a 4th gen is separate terminal from the starter cutout wiring.

oic....hmmm...so should i connect the starter wire thru the clutch switch instead???? like with it coming out of the ignition to the switch...other side of the switch to the starter???
Old 07-11-2007, 12:48 PM
TECH Resident

you would do something like:
+12V-----<ign switch>-----<clutch switch>-----startersolenoid

but... I haven't heard of anyone doing something like that on an older car--most of us have enough sense to put the car in neutral or press the clutch before hitting the starter.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

My neighbor ran his 73 camaro through the front of his house,doing just that, guess he didn't have as much sense as us smart folks....Can you say brain fart.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rodder
you would do something like:
+12V-----<ign switch>-----<clutch switch>-----startersolenoid

but... I haven't heard of anyone doing something like that on an older car--most of us have enough sense to put the car in neutral or press the clutch before hitting the starter.

hahaha...i hardly EVER put my car in gear when it's not running...but u never knoe...piece of mind and security...

tell u a funnie story...one time it was raining so much that it flooded houston...i drove behind this big ole truck in my maxima...suddenly the truck stops and water came gushing towards the car...motor died...i panicked and proceeded to try and start the car...damn thing wouldn't start...so i'm thinking to myself...i'm so screwed....then i remember....i got a 5spd...need to push in the clutch....hahaha...it started with the belt squeeling but all was good....

Quick Reply: name that harness [help needed]