Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The G-Body Swap Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 02:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Toddoky
Hey James, the pulley that comes with the Holley PS pump is 6.75" in diameter and the optional pulley has a diameter of 5.75" There is also an Earl's fitting made especially to clear the pulley...I don't know the part numbers for these parts off-hand, but you should be able to pull them off of the Holley website easily enough.
so im home for a week and working on things here i looked on holleys website and there is no mention of a smaller ps pulley then 6.7 inches OD where do u see this 5.75 inch one??? what is the part number??
Old 02-11-2016, 02:43 PM
On The Tree

i found it!!!

http://documents.holley.com/199r10613rev8.pdf

it requires the use of an underdrive balencer as it would spin the ps pump beyond its rpm limit all is on order 2-3 weeks until i get to try em out
holley ps 5.75 inch pulley number 97-154 $55.00
powerbond under drive balancer number PBU1190SS25 (belt alignment specific) $350.00

hope the pulleys align proper
Old 02-11-2016, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The thing with the under drive balancer is its going to under drive everything ,including the blower. I would just run it . The ps pulley isn't that much smaller. It might reduce its life a little but that's it
Old 02-11-2016, 06:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 203 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyg
The thing with the under drive balancer is its going to under drive everything ,including the blower. I would just run it . The ps pulley isn't that much smaller. It might reduce its life a little but that's it
You are correct jimmyg, we recommend the under drive pulley to prevent early pump failure in a worst case scenario. In many instances the pump will survive just fine with the smaller pulley being driven by the stock balancer...it really depends on your driving style and the intended vehicle usage.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:08 PM
On The Tree

oh crap ok good call guys ill cancle that
Old 02-12-2016, 08:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by G-BODY-JAMES
oh crap ok good call guys ill cancle that
Save you some loot your gonna need it. For tires😀
Old 02-12-2016, 02:34 PM
On The Tree

Save you some loot your gonna need it. For tires😀
Haha yep, so that's all fixed up I'm curious is the brake light switch in the g-body regal an open (not electrically connected when brakes applied) or a closed (electrically connected when brakes applied) switch?? My PSI harness instructions say I need to have have a 2 piston brake switch that acts in this manor or throttle by wire will not work ....??
Old 02-12-2016, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's for the lock up converter but u don't have one. I would call them the pcm might need it to see voltage
Old 02-13-2016, 02:36 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What year is your Monte? If you had a 200R4 you should already have the switch you need. I also used a PSI wire harness for my swap. It should be the connection with the purple wire. Test it for voltage....it should read 12v with the key on and should drop to 0v when you push the brake pedal.
Old 02-13-2016, 11:22 PM
On The Tree

its an 85 buick regal not sure if it ever had a 200r4 but its never had overdrive so...
P-R-D-1-2-3 on the dash so.... i will check the voltage once everything is wired up good and i connect the battery

QUESTION who has looped the heater core output lines off of the waterpump what options do i have other than just a piece of hose???

QUESTION what options do we have for a thermos stat housing that comes out at a better angle for the g-body????

QUESTION do i need to have the kickdown functional on my th350 trans in order to operate it normally?? if i have to shift myself im fine with that but just curious if i need it hooked up, will be hard with drive by wire

QUESTION and i notice there are 2 wires coming from a sensor or something in my supercharger and they aren't a plug style they look permanant they were tied into some other wires in the harness but anyone know what they are for and if i need em hooked up? i will dig into the magnusson instructions to find out but figured id ask here too thx

GETTING CLOSER!!!
Old 02-14-2016, 08:01 AM
Teching In

its an 85 buick regal not sure if it ever had a 200r4 but its never had overdrive so...
P-R-D-1-2-3 on the dash so.... i will check the voltage once everything is wired up good and i connect the battery

QUESTION do i need to have the kickdown functional on my th350 trans in order to operate it normally?? if i have to shift myself im fine with that but just curious if i need it hooked up, will be hard with drive by wire

GETTING CLOSER!!!
I can speak to the TV kick down cable. I drove my car without it when I was broke, drive me nuts. What it does is downshift you when you mash the gas and staying on point with the down shift gets old quick. Th350s shift PRND21. It's not necessary, but get it. Shifting into first by accident sucks, plus it's hard on your trans. Hope that helped the 1 question. Good luck!
Old 02-14-2016, 09:14 AM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by z71yacht
I can speak to the TV kick down cable. I drove my car without it when I was broke, drive me nuts. What it does is downshift you when you mash the gas and staying on point with the down shift gets old quick. Th350s shift PRND21. It's not necessary, but get it. Shifting into first by accident sucks, plus it's hard on your trans. Hope that helped the 1 question. Good luck!
You can drive a TH350 without the kick-down cable. Part throttle shift modulation is by vaccuum.

You cannot drive a 200-4R or 700-R4 without the throttle valve cable. This is because it modulates part throttle shifts.

While similar physically, they serve totally different functions.
Old 02-14-2016, 09:53 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jmd
You can drive a TH350 without the kick-down cable. Part throttle shift modulation is by vaccuum.

You cannot drive a 200-4R or 700-R4 without the throttle valve cable. This is because it modulates part throttle shifts.

Correct, it does more than downshift. However, the th350 was specifically mentioned. The two transmissions you mentioned need that cable, the plunger controls everything from when the shift occurs, to partial downshifting to pressure. Not to mention the kickdown on full throttle. Just trying to share some knowledge. My car had a 2004r when I bought it, switched to the th350 shortly after. Never ran a 700 r4, but they're damn similar.
Old 02-14-2016, 10:05 AM
Teching In

Check, I just realized what you were getting at. It's a universal cable between the three, so I just refer to it as the tv kickdown cable. Cuts the confusion when someone that may be *newer* goes to buy one for their swap. Should've been clearer.
Old 02-14-2016, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

QUESTION who has looped the heater core output lines off of the waterpump what options do i have other than just a piece of hose???

QUESTION what options do we have for a thermos stat housing that comes out at a better angle for the g-body????

QUESTION and i notice there are 2 wires coming from a sensor or something in my supercharger and they aren't a plug style they look permanant they were tied into some other wires in the harness but anyone know what they are for and if i need em hooked up? i will dig into the magnusson instructions to find out but figured id ask here too thx

GETTING CLOSER!!!
U need a 4 way mixer valve and then hook up heater core. U need constant flow for thermostat to operate properly. The regal just has a 2 way mixer valve
Old 02-14-2016, 03:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Like this . When closed it loops coolant back to water pump to open thermostat
Old 02-14-2016, 10:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jmd

ok thats all i wanted to know i dont mind doing my own shifts if i have to for now, mostly track car anyways thanks!!!! ill just tie the kickdown cable to the side for now
Old 02-14-2016, 10:24 PM
On The Tree

U need a 4 way mixer valve and then hook up heater core. U need constant flow for thermostat to operate properly. The regal just has a 2 way mixer valve
so i cant just do this??? i am not running any heater core its deleted from the car.
Attached Thumbnails The G-Body Swap Thread-heater-core-loop.jpg  
Old 02-14-2016, 10:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

so i cant just do this??? i am not running any heater core its deleted from the car.
Yes, you can just do that. You can also remove the spouts and tap the holes and install pipe plugs. Someone's going to tell me you can't do that...don't listen to them.
Old 02-14-2016, 10:32 PM
On The Tree

i found out the wires from the supercharger go to the MAF sensor just get tied in. i think i found a good pre made heater core loop hose for the heater core delete, lower rad hose part number gates 21059 trimmed 6 inches works mint!!!!

QUESTION what air to liquid intercooler do you guys know of or recommend the stock magnusson one for 2010 camaro was 23x15x2-1/4 inches dimensions and that blower always got heat soaked so i want bigger as i have way more room now. i looked and looked best i could find was this one for a ford f-150 by AFCO its 26x15x5 inches part #80284NDP about $500
or a custom one by bell intercoolers but man they aren't cheap!!!

Quick Reply: The G-Body Swap Thread