Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

z32 (300zx) fuel pump relay & fuel pump controller...

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 01:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default z32 (300zx) fuel pump relay & fuel pump controller...

for those in here whose has done this swap or is attempting this swap...i've ran into a snag...apparently fuel pump relay and fuel pump controller is controlled by the ecu...and i ripped it off...i know the ls1 harness has a wire that puts out 12volts for the fuel pump...but according to the diagram of the 300zx...it seems like the ecu is providing the ground to complete the relay circuit...and then it varies the voltage to the fuelp pump controller to control the speed of the pump???

my question is can i just bypass this fuel pump controller and go str8 to the fuel pump with only the fuel pump relay??? another problem is the relay...

http://www.300zx.co.uk/cgi-bin/manua...ault&total=190

Old 07-22-2007, 02:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

another question...if vats is still active...how would it act??? just one crank and that's it???
Old 07-22-2007, 03:41 PM
Grr
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes 300s use a ground controller to control pump output. you can run a relay off the LS1 harness like you said, straight to the pump. Also take the ground from the pump and go straight to the frame. That is a common fueling mod for Z31-z32.
Gary
Old 07-22-2007, 07:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Grr
yes 300s use a ground controller to control pump output. you can run a relay off the LS1 harness like you said, straight to the pump. Also take the ground from the pump and go straight to the frame. That is a common fueling mod for Z31-z32.
Gary

thanx for the input...well i've gotten the existing setup to work i think...i'm not exactly sure how the fuel pump controller work...but i fed the fuel pump relay ground to complete the circuit...and it turned on the pump...i hear the pump and i hear fluid flowing thru the fuel line to the motor...got it to crank and start for 1 sec...won't stay started....i took off the vats bypass circuit i built to see if it acts the same and it does...maybe i built the circuit wrong...will go to work tomorrow and check it with oscilliscope...

Quick Reply: z32 (300zx) fuel pump relay & fuel pump controller...