Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help! Swap won't start!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 12:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK....on the BCM there is 3 plugs. 1 small green plug in...1 other small one...and al large one with a bumch of wires....The green one isnt even needed. In the large plugin pin #11 is a yellow wire with a black stripe on it. I believe this wire runs to the computer and the BCM is supposed to ground it. We just cut the yellow and black wire and put both ends (spot where we cut it) to ground and away she went. I would deffinitly try that. If you dont want to cut it use one of those blue inline splices and just take the wire you spliced to it to ground...bet it will run now!
Old 08-11-2007, 10:44 PM
TECH Resident

did you make any progress??
Old 08-11-2007, 11:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes and no. I did what you said and it worked perfectly (thanks a million by the way). But now my fuel pump doesn't want to turn on. It did this the other day. When I first hooked everything up and hit the key the fuel pump cycled on. Next time I hit the key it cycled on again...then every time after that...no fuel pump. After about 2 days, the pump would cycle on again. Now nothing. But I did notice that my oil pressure gauge pegs out and my fuel gauge bottoms out. What's up with that? And why is my fuel pump not working?
Old 08-12-2007, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Okay, I straight wired my fuel pump to 12v just to make it come on. But it still won't start (unless the wiring is too small and the pump isn't putting out enough pressure). When I turn the key in the on position, all 8 coils fire once. So with the fuel pump hard wired, I know it has fuel, and now the motor spins over but it just won't start.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:22 PM
TECH Resident

are you sure you have all your relays and everything wired correctly?? I used a complete underhood wiring fuse blocks out of the 4th gen car and just wired my car into that. Not sure which direction to point you in. My other suggestion would be to go over all your wiring with a 4th gen schematic and make sure everything is how it needs to be. something is wrong somewhere causeing these problems. I would imagine its nothing major. At least your making progress!
Old 08-12-2007, 05:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea, it just pisses me off. I'm moving tonight, and I really wanted to drive it up on the trailer...that didn't work out though. Everything should be hooked up right. Like I said, I used every inch of wiring out of the donor car...I'm just stumped.

Quick Reply: Need Help! Swap won't start!