Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hans,

How is you rproject coming along?

Any updates?

Jan
Old 04-18-2008, 02:13 AM
Launching!

No updates yet, still gathering the powertrain components.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:55 AM
11 Second Club

just got read up on the thread, sound so bad ***, i want to see a vid when this thing is done
Old 10-05-2008, 09:40 PM
Teching In

any updates?
Old 10-05-2008, 10:01 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Catera V8 conversion

If anyone is interested I am selling my 2000 Catera project car and all the Catera/Opel Omega V8 conversion parts to go with it including a RPM Transmissions modified 4L60E transmission and a stock GTO torque converter.

The stock Catera engine and transmission are out of the vehicle already (and come with the vehicle and the parts if you want). The new differential is in the vehicle. A Walbro GSS high flow fuel pump has already been installed in the fuel tank (enough to support roughly 500-550 hp). Nothing else has been done and I don't expect to have the time to do anything any time soon so I just want to sell everything and move on.

Contact me directly if you are interested.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:54 PM
On The Tree

Wow man! what happened? This project lookd so promising!
Old 10-05-2008, 11:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'd love to snag that project Catera, if I wasn't already waist deep in projects.

What does a Catera weigh?

Anybody have one done yet?
Old 10-05-2008, 11:33 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default Catera V8 sale

I just don't have any time to work on it. We took the engine and transmission out around Christmas/New Years and not much has been done since so I figure it is time to move on (especially since that was my daily driver).

Originally Posted by redls1bird
Wow man! what happened? This project lookd so promising!

Jason
Old 11-28-2008, 04:49 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default My Catera V8 project car

My Catera V8 project car and parts are on eBay now (and I lowered my asking price a $1000) - click here to see it on eBay.

BTW - this is the last set of Catera/Omega V8 parts Lingenfelter's had/has. We emptied out the storage building where we were storing the Catera parts and they have all been sold.

Originally Posted by Jason Haines @ LPE
If anyone is interested I am selling my 2000 Catera project car and all the Catera/Opel Omega V8 conversion parts to go with it including a RPM Transmissions modified 4L60E transmission and a stock GTO torque converter.

The stock Catera engine and transmission are out of the vehicle already (and come with the vehicle and the parts if you want). The new differential is in the vehicle. A Walbro GSS high flow fuel pump has already been installed in the fuel tank (enough to support roughly 500-550 hp). Nothing else has been done and I don't expect to have the time to do anything any time soon so I just want to sell everything and move on.

Contact me directly if you are interested.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:13 AM
Teching In

Default LS1-catera

good luck with the project; looks like you've collected some nice parts. I'd recommend you get the exhaust manifolds ceramic coated; the bends and dents put in the manifolds for clearance to surrounding parts will get very hot. Jet-hot coated inside+out of my manifolds for $300 with lifetime warranty; certainly worth the money.
the LPE built v8 catera also had a smashed LH manifold for clearance to the steering box, I'm sure that gets pretty damn hot. Maybe Opel added the steering cooler because the steering box became a boiler!
I changed to a steering rack to free up some space.
I enjoyed building my caddy, and the drive is worth all the work; good luck with it!!!
I just got a buyer for my LS1 catera, it'll be moving to Pa soon!
I never finished AC on my car, and the buyer doesn't want the parts, so if you'd like the AC compressor and lines (I bought from Jason Haines LPE). I also have a new set of outer tie-rods,
please let me know.
Dan
Old 10-03-2010, 11:37 AM
Teching In

what happende to this project ??

i am looking for a subframe or the dimensjons on the engine mounts that are different to v6 catera.

does any one have a subframe to make som measuring so i can make a subframe that is the same as the v8 catera subframe
Old 05-25-2012, 10:19 PM
Teching In

There's more than 1 catera ls in Detroit. Three of them I know the guy who does them. The same mechanic also put ls motors in Volvo,land rover,jaguar,and BMW. He fabricated his own mounts. His favorite car is a Volvo s70 with a 327 in it. He's very good at conversions on this level. I my self will be putting a turbo lq4 in a 98 catera.
Old 05-26-2012, 12:14 AM
On The Tree

This maybe a dumb newb question, but what does "56k = death" mean? It isnt the first time Ive seen it and was just wondering.
Old 05-26-2012, 12:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 908 Posts

Originally Posted by jbhotrod
This maybe a dumb newb question, but what does "56k = death" mean? It isnt the first time Ive seen it and was just wondering.
Back in the stone age, when this thread was started, there were still some people who connected to the internet via 56K MODEMS. Yes, those little devices that people used to connect to their computers that made loud beeping and screeching noises.

Andrew
Old 05-26-2012, 09:06 PM
Teching In

Default catera v8 swap.

Originally Posted by ls1_catera
good luck with the project; looks like you've collected some nice parts. I'd recommend you get the exhaust manifolds ceramic coated; the bends and dents put in the manifolds for clearance to surrounding parts will get very hot. Jet-hot coated inside+out of my manifolds for $300 with lifetime warranty; certainly worth the money.
the LPE built v8 catera also had a smashed LH manifold for clearance to the steering box, I'm sure that gets pretty damn hot. Maybe Opel added the steering cooler because the steering box became a boiler!
I changed to a steering rack to free up some space.
I enjoyed building my caddy, and the drive is worth all the work; good luck with it!!!
I just got a buyer for my LS1 catera, it'll be moving to Pa soon!
I never finished AC on my car, and the buyer doesn't want the parts, so if you'd like the AC compressor and lines (I bought from Jason Haines LPE). I also have a new set of outer tie-rods,
please let me know.
Dan
I have a 98 Catera I want to put a 6.0 lq4 into. so far i see i have to get the GTO oil pan. I'll be using a 4l60e out of a 99 3500 pickup. I have the shaft also to fab a shaft for the swap. how does the rear dif hold up and did you have any suspenion issues?
Old 09-29-2019, 05:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Dani K
Personally I would much rather the Catera than the CTS-V, thats why I planned to do this swap. I live in Penticton Canada and CTS-V's are everywhere. lol I love Cadillac but im getting sick of seeing em. also the styling is just plain. You would never see a Catera in Penticton, at least I never have and this is a resort town. Every year there is a big car show that all cars line up agains the beach from one end of town to the other. Its a nice car show and people come to it from everywhere in Canada but its like "Chevy SSR, Chevy SSR, Chevy SSR, Corvette, Chevy SSR.... ooh look there! this Chevy SSR has corvette fuel rail covers!" Everybody takes the same cars to the car show. there is nothing out of the ordinary. Now a Catera with an LS1 may not be out of the ordinary. But its my car of choice! I used to have a 1991 Cadillac Fleetwood and i sold that to my best friend. then i decided to give BMW a try and it was aweful. so bad in fact i used it as an offroader lol. it was a beast and lived forever but it wasnt what i was looking for. after that car It was a tossup between the Catera or a Mercedes Roadster. I chose the catera and will never go to anything else. test drove a few cts's and they are close to the way this car drives and id prefer the catera. Cater with LS1 is definitely a sexy choice my friend. Its a lot better than a corvette with its leaf spring suspension. at least the Catera has 4 wheel independent. By the way everybody. By no means am I putting down the corvette in any way. I love the corvette! Ive had a 69 stingray and my buddy has a brand new 07 that i love. i just would prefer to see the engine in my car is all lol. wow i sure have gone one forever. about the same thing. Thank you for the extra photos Hans i greatly appreciate this you honestly have no idea. I have attatched photos of the Cadillac for my LS1 Install!
How did the Cadillac catera Swap work out looks great i looking for one for my Catera, what about smog
Old 09-29-2019, 06:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,110 Likes on 2,425 Posts

Originally Posted by Alfonso Garcia
How did the Cadillac catera Swap work out looks great i looking for one for my Catera, what about smog
Hans Gruber (OP) hasn't been around for over 4 years.

Quick Reply: LS1 into a Cadillac Catera (56K=death)