Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My current state of LS1/Nova conversion

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 07:42 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kind of front clip do you have?The headers look good ,mabye a little low.Plenty of clearence on the drivers side.It would be nice if they were 3-4 inches shorter.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:54 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is a heidts front end. And you are right, it would be great if they were a few inches shorter. Remember though, my car is lowered 2" in the front.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JZHeyde
It is a heidts front end. And you are right, it would be great if they were a few inches shorter. Remember though, my car is lowered 2" in the front.
Thanks for posting - I don't recall, are these headers made specifically for this application? Even though you are running dropped spindles in my opinion header designers should always build headers no lower than the pan - hard to tell with the lighting but it looks like these hang below the pan line - I assume there would be plenty of clearance if they were shorter in height? -Bob.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:12 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like you could shorten them pretty easily on the straight part before the turn to go to the collector.You could get the plain header and shorten them and then have them coated.Ive heard the corvette header is a pretty close fit on ls1 chevyII's,its a lot shorter header.I may try a set of those,they might work with an after market clip.Anyone tried a set of corvette headers with after market clip?

Quick Reply: My current state of LS1/Nova conversion