Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone running just alt and water pump on truck motor?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008 | 07:41 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DFAUTO
I am running a 6.0 truck engine with the stock alt and all I did was use the right side mounting hole for the tensioner and shimmed it out until the pulleys lined up and used a piece of 1/4 inch by 1 1/2 plate that was 5 1/2 inches long from the left hole to the left mounting hole(again from the tensioner) and made a duplicate piece that for the front side and a two inch length of round tube to space it on the bottom. I ditched the stock tensioner and used a jeep tensioner that mounted on the bottom bolt hole of the left side mount. You will need a 5.5 m10x1.5 bolt to run through the tensioner, front side plate, round tube and rear plate and into the stock tensioner hole on the left side. It is way strong and you have an alternator that sits lower than the throttle body and on the passenger side of the engine. Wow that sounds confusing but hopefully you get what I am saying.
That was kind of confusing.... You got a pic to go with this?
Old 02-28-2008 | 08:50 PM
Teching In

Default Belt

What size belt are you guys running, I'm putting the lq4 into my 69 camaro and are gonna run pretty much this exact setup.
-Tom