Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

edelbrock headers

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 03:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Summit has 0 of these headers in stock.I just checked with their wholesale side and they said 0 are in stock and they would drop ship.$500+ shipping is a steal! I can not even buy them for that much.I would check that who ever is doing the group purchase has them in stock ready to ship!
Old 05-07-2008, 04:11 PM
On The Tree

well i have a guy thats selling them to me at the $500 price and im the one that started the gp. ill check with him to make sure they are in stock. if not, it wouldnt be any different than getting them from someone else. if edelbrock doesnt have them, nobody has them.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Headers came in.

Originally Posted by 65SSZO6
Summit has 0 of these headers in stock.I just checked with their wholesale side and they said 0 are in stock and they would drop ship.$500+ shipping is a steal! I can not even buy them for that much.I would check that who ever is doing the group purchase has them in stock ready to ship!
My buddy got his in a few days ago, I have to say they look like they were just painted with a dull gray paint. I read somewhere here they were stainless but they sure dont look like it. Anyway the passenger side header did not fit in when I tried to slide them up from under the car. All kinds of clearance issues. Considering that I dont have the motor leveled and completely bolted in yet they still might work. Just some observations.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:14 PM
On The Tree

i put mine in my 70 last night and they worked perfect. where are yours hitting? 64-67 or 68-72? you may not have the motor back far enough. if you didnt spin your mounts or if you dont have the edelbrock plates they might not fit.

when i first dropped my motor in the stock location, i had about 5" from the head to the firewall. thats been taken care of.

the coating is kind of lame, but when was the last time you saw a painted looking header hold up to heat. i actually real like the coating. these are perfect for the non bling guys. ill see how they look with my finished product but i may have them coated again to make them shiny.

btw, the quality looks excellent. nice welds and heavy duty construction. and although the color looks like a paint color, i dont think they actually look that way.

Last edited by 430 hp 70; 05-15-2008 at 05:07 PM.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:42 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 430 hp 70
i put mine in my 70 last night and they worked perfect. where are yours hitting? 64-67 or 68-72? you may not have the motor back far enough. if you didnt spin your mounts or if you dont have the edelbrock plates they might not fit.

when i first dropped my motor in the stock location, i had about 5" from the head to the firewall. thats been taken care of.

the coating is kind of lame, but when was the last time you saw a painted looking header hold up to heat. i actually real like the coating. these are perfect for the non bling guys. ill see how they look with my finished product but i may have them coated again to make them shiny.

btw, the quality looks excellent. nice welds and heavy duty construction.
I am going to run the headers also the way they are. If the coating does not hold up I will have the Jet hot or some other Ceramic coating.

I had no issues with header fitting in my 70 chevelle.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:35 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 430 hp 70

btw, the quality looks excellent. nice welds and heavy duty construction. and although the color looks like a paint color, i dont think they actually look that way.
The paint we are using is a ceramic based coating and will actually get harder with time and heat, it will not dull or change colors. The Edelbrock Headers will not work with just any engine mounting plates, most of the others on the market move the engine way too far forward in the chassis, with the Edelbrock Engine Plates (6701) the engine sits in the correct location for superior weight distribution. Also with the engine in its correct location things like shifter linkage line up in the OEM brackets so column shifters can be retained, or if you desire to keep the current transmission in the vehicle then all the mounts and driveshaft will be the same.
Old 05-19-2008, 01:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Ur mounts with L460E

Originally Posted by EdelExh
The paint we are using is a ceramic based coating and will actually get harder with time and heat, it will not dull or change colors. The Edelbrock Headers will not work with just any engine mounting plates, most of the others on the market move the engine way too far forward in the chassis, with the Edelbrock Engine Plates (6701) the engine sits in the correct location for superior weight distribution. Also with the engine in its correct location things like shifter linkage line up in the OEM brackets so column shifters can be retained, or if you desire to keep the current transmission in the vehicle then all the mounts and driveshaft will be the same.
Have U determined if there is enough clearance in the trans tunnel with a L460E when using ur mounts? Let me be more specific.... I need this to fit in a 67 GTO. It seems that maybe the Pontiacs are a lil tighter in the tunnel then the Chevelles. Ive already done some massaging but it looks like Im gonna have to do some welding?

Quick Reply: edelbrock headers