Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just your average Ls1/T56 stripped RX7 With Plans of Racing

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 09:55 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm guessing the autocross was done in 2nd gear? Well, at least the run was good until the end.....

every time I wanted to say "Shift!, go faster!!" another corner would come up.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Red89GTA
I'm guessing the autocross was done in 2nd gear? Well, at least the run was good until the end.....

every time I wanted to say "Shift!, go faster!!" another corner would come up.
Yeah thats what kinda sucks about autox. 2nd has plenty of power to over drive the street tires easily.

It feels like with the power the car is making and how tight the suspension is now the street tires seem pretty slippery. Its like driving a normal car with winter tires. You can blow them off any time your in the throttle too abruptly, and in a corner the car is more likely going into a controlled drift than the tires actually gripping and inducing body roll/weight transfer.

So its easy to over drive the tires. It feels like the car is really begging for some sticky R-Compounds but I've also hear from everyone that its better to learn the limits as a new racer on street tires.

I think the next chassis will be another FC. I just really like the lines of the car and I already have all the parts and knowledge to do it and thus costs would be minimal.

I have been thinking a fox body would be a good platform as well. Everyone knows what they can do at the drag strip but I think a foxbody hatch with subframe connectors and a roll bar to stiffen up the chassis(very easy to find rollers with those 2 chassis mods cheap) Swap in the Ls1/T56, swap in the cobra brakes, and the cobra IRS rear end and you have hopefully a sub 3000lb car with a much stronger rear end then what I'm working with now. I know it wont be the best for the drag strip but neither is a stock suspesion rx7.

Like the Rx7 now whatever I build will be an all around performance car that I use to tear up the streets and track. Basically if I can race it, keep pace with the fully prepped cars and then instead of driving it onto a trailer, drive it home I'll be a happy guy.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:58 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

most of my autocrossing has been in FWD 4 cyl cars. I did a couple in the GTA before the swap, but haven't done any since. Though I think swapping to the 3.70s I have on the shelf will be better than the 3.27s in it now. Maybe I will get some track time next year
Old 03-02-2013, 08:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just read all 9 pages.. Cool build

Quick Reply: Just your average Ls1/T56 stripped RX7 With Plans of Racing