Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hot August Nights!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 12:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got back to the Bay last night. Here are the highlight photos. I was at Sparks on Thursday afternoon and got a bunch of pics. Then went again to the Grand Sierra and the show and shine near Atlantis on Saturday. Here's the highlight pics so far. I will be uploading tons more to my album when I can. Enjoy.

Album Link: http://s510.photobucket.com/albums/s...tAugustNights/

Sparks Pics:

Also saw a new Challenger driving around

Old 08-10-2008, 08:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

that 442 yours?

If so were you crusing on the cruise line down Viginia street, & have like 3 people on the back of your olds?
Old 08-10-2008, 09:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

I saw Stus car even got pics of it
didnt see him though lol, kept thinking I was going to put a note in ihs car then I couldnt find the car again lol.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Whos car is this???????????

lol

http://pnwcc.com/gall/gallery/HAN08

Last edited by krazzycowgirl; 08-10-2008 at 10:06 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yup.. that would be the Stu Cool of Pat's....
Old 08-10-2008, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

KCG,

That picture must have been from Tuesday early afternoon while we were checking in at the GSR. I saw you guys go crusing by on Wednesday night. We were parked on the side of the cruise right over the river on VIrginia st. I was on the phone when you went by and it was too late when I saw you to yell. That was the only time. Amazing how you can be there all week an not see each other, but see some cars and people many times!

Pat
Old 08-10-2008, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea I saw the car on V street then again at the GSR & we cruised but for the most part unless we were driving our car it stayed at the CC in the garage. lol.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
that 442 yours?

If so were you crusing on the cruise line down Viginia street, & have like 3 people on the back of your olds?
Its not mine. I drive a CTS-V. I sure wish I owned that 442. That **** was sick.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Default Another LSx A-Body swap..

Here was another A-Body LS2 swap, Looked good !

I saw this one at the Atlantis on Friday.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

The only problems we had was almost everything sucked, BBTs, Swapmeet & the 9oclock cruising all sucked. of course Summit also refused to ship my cleanign stuff & T-shirts. Couldnt understand that.

But the cars were nice the weather was nice & got to see alot of hot looking cops.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Sorry to hear you had some sucky events and stuff.. But its the cars are the primary thing.. With the Oil and fuel prices the way they are.. I am not supprised that there were a low turn out of some of the events. But it did make getting around a little better without some many people..

Oh, btw on looking at your links.. I got a bunch of pop-ups and warnings of processes trying to access my computer.. (cookies, virus or who knows what !).
Old 08-11-2008, 02:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bczee
Sorry to hear you had some sucky events and stuff.. But its the cars are the primary thing.. With the Oil and fuel prices the way they are.. I am not supprised that there were a low turn out of some of the events. But it did make getting around a little better without some many people..

Oh, btw on looking at your links.. I got a bunch of pop-ups and warnings of processes trying to access my computer.. (cookies, virus or who knows what !).
the site was triple checked for viruses it has none on it, if you use google they are working on it.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

The only problems we had was almost everything sucked, BBTs, Swapmeet & the 9oclock cruising all sucked. of course Summit also refused to ship my cleanign stuff & T-shirts. Couldnt understand that.

But the cars were nice the weather was nice & got to see alot of hot looking cops.
I had a feeling the Swap Meet was going to be less than optimal since the changed vendors from the guys who had been running it for many many years, (that's another long story). Hopefully they will learn for next year. Not sure what you are referring to with the 9 o'clock cruising. We cruised till 10 all nights but Friday when we went to the drag races. What is BBT? I'm sure I will slap my forehead once you tell me and say "Doh! I knew that." They have some work to do to get that cruise over at the Grand Sierra smoothed out. The crowd control was terrible, they had no barriers and every time the cars would stop at one of the designated crossing areas, people were going every where between the cars. For the "crossing guards" it was like trying to herd cats. If no one got hurt, it was only because the cruisers were paying close attention. They also needed more light before and after the main entrance. Those things will be in my constructive note to the HAN staff. All in all still a great event with lots to see and do. I seemed to have missed the hot cops though.... :-)

Pat
Old 08-11-2008, 03:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stu Cool
I had a feeling the Swap Meet was going to be less than optimal since the changed vendors from the guys who had been running it for many many years, (that's another long story). Hopefully they will learn for next year. Not sure what you are referring to with the 9 o'clock cruising. We cruised till 10 all nights but Friday when we went to the drag races. What is BBT? I'm sure I will slap my forehead once you tell me and say "Doh! I knew that." They have some work to do to get that cruise over at the Grand Sierra smoothed out. The crowd control was terrible, they had no barriers and every time the cars would stop at one of the designated crossing areas, people were going every where between the cars. For the "crossing guards" it was like trying to herd cats. If no one got hurt, it was only because the cruisers were paying close attention. They also needed more light before and after the main entrance. Those things will be in my constructive note to the HAN staff. All in all still a great event with lots to see and do. I seemed to have missed the hot cops though.... :-)

Pat

BBT= Big Boy Toys lol. off of 4th street & Virgina st. It was really lose, Meaning not alot of venders, In the years past that place has been packed with vendors & this year they arragend things to make it look like it was fuller but it wasnt.

Thursday night we went out & cruised on V st & it was about 9pm & there were like no one on the street there. wed night was better but there was like NO ONE there thursday night. Not only that friday they normally have the big trucks run through & they didnt have any.

My kids want to come next year & I want them to have the fun we did the first 5 yrs we went. (not saying that we didnt have fun this year).
Old 08-11-2008, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

BBT= Big Boy Toys lol. off of 4th street & Virgina st. It was really lose, Meaning not alot of venders, In the years past that place has been packed with vendors & this year they arragend things to make it look like it was fuller but it wasnt.

Thursday night we went out & cruised on V st & it was about 9pm & there were like no one on the street there. wed night was better but there was like NO ONE there thursday night. Not only that friday they normally have the big trucks run through & they didnt have any.

My kids want to come next year & I want them to have the fun we did the first 5 yrs we went. (not saying that we didnt have fun this year).
Doh! Yeah I was disappointed in the toy store too. Heck one whole aisle was full of furniture! And another had several jewlery venders. Totally non car related. At least it was easy to get a chance to talk to the vendors if you wanted to. That was on Wednesday during the day.

I understand what you meant about the cruising now. It did thin out some later in the evening, there were more cars over in Sparks, but still not hard to just keep going round and round if you wanted. Now Saturday night it was packed until late. I noticed the last time we went through V street on Wednesday night that there were not many people lining the street. Maybe the gas prices impacted some of the folks and they decided to cruise less and park more. I know after we left V street on Wednesday and went out to Atlantis, that place was a Zoo! Ton's of cars going through and took a while to find a place to park. I think a lot of people just don't go down town anymore which is a shame becuase that is the most striking venue. I love that turn onto Virginia street with the Reno Sign in front of you and all the people lining the streets. Also may fewer of the spectators came to town early because of the economy. I had some friends get a Comp room at Harrahs on Wednesday and only had to pay $60 for Thursday night. And that was in the new remodled rooms. Maybe there were just fewer people there?

Pat
Old 08-11-2008, 05:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

we stayed over at CC & I think paid just over $300 for the whole week we were there monday through friday. 39 m-th & 95 for friday night.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

We stayed at the Sands... they had a car coral with a 7x24 guard watching the cars.. with tax and all.. it was about $180 for two days, not the cheapest.. it just 2 extra block off of V street and made it easy to get in and out of.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:36 PM
Needs to finish car

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I figure I ought to post a few of my pics on here now that I'm back home. Pat and I did the Poker Run on Thursday morning, and I got a few good ones of his car:

Here's a few from the GTG at A&W:

Here are a few gratuitous shots of the Camaro that we took during the event:

Pat and I went out to the drags on Friday night, and my Dad got this video of us running against one another:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ErsGwgA1aoE

Not a great pass for me, but that's where I found out about the bump in the left lane. I did trap 111.4 on the first pass, though.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

You already know about the track is that it is at 4400 feet elevation, and you can see in the video that it runs uphill. If you listen close on the video, you can hear Chris have to pedal it in second gear to get traction back. My best pass was 14.69 @93 and I think Chris had a 13.7. Those correct to 13.80 and a high 12 at sea level I think, then figure in the up hill run and I am pretty pleased for the first time on the track. I did have a little problem with the tranmission jumping our of high gear on the 2-3 shift. That's due to the sloppy column shifter.(it's on my fix list) Once I held it in, it was consistant with back to back 14.69 and 14.71 passes. Some folks came over as we were getting ready to leave and asked; "What the heck is that thing? Damn it's fast." "It's a Studebaker!" And when I popped the hood he said "Man that's just not fair!" We also got some praise for bringing our "Pretty cars" out to the track and running them. Was great to hang with Chris and Greg and meet up with everyone at A&W again, hope for an even bigger turn out next year.

Pat
Old 08-12-2008, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Then we are glad that we didnt go to the track, we are use to tracks that run DOWN hill lol.

Quick Reply: Hot August Nights!