Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need opinions on what my LSX Mustang is worth...

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008 | 10:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Why is this the first time I have seen this car? lol Build looks good and clean bro. I will have to say 7-9k also. Clean coupe are getting pretty hard to find, cheap anyway....
Old 07-18-2008 | 12:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by djquik88
Why is this the first time I have seen this car?
While I was putting it all together in the early stages it seemed like it would be forever before I got it finished so I didn't post anything. Didn't want everyone to feel let down with a "build thread" that moved along slower than old people doing it.... Once it got momentum I justed wanted to finish it and DRIVE IT. Now that it's up and running I love it! Really dont wanna sell it at all but life/circumstances are forcing me to consider the sale.

Anyone doing one of these swaps if you have questions that haven't been answered in another build thread - I'm more than willing to try and help where I can.

Long term if I can keep from selling it, it will have a decent sized single turbo setup. Hence the headstuds and the drain bung already tig welded to the fbody pan.
Old 11-28-2008 | 05:47 PM
On The Tree

I would buy it for the right price, not sure what this swap is worth either. Figure up how much you have in it first.
Old 11-28-2008 | 07:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would say between 7k and 10k

It hurts your value a little that you have a 5.3 in it even thou they make a lot of power people want to be able to say that they have an ls1 in it.

Originally Posted by mulletnotch
While I was putting it all together in the early stages it seemed like it would be forever before I got it finished so I didn't post anything. Didn't want everyone to feel let down with a "build thread" that moved along slower than old people doing it....
I feel you on that. I have been too busy to put time into my projects but that will change soon sadly enough.
Old 11-28-2008 | 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic
10 Year Member

Probably 5-6K

I know you have a lot invested but its still a project car and it is still a 1990 mustang.
Old 11-28-2008 | 09:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Summerwolf
Probably 5-6K

I know you have a lot invested but its still a project car and it is still a 1990 mustang.
A clean coupe like his with a bone stock 302 will fetch no less than 4k-4.5k, 5-6k for his car is an insult.
Old 11-29-2008 | 03:09 AM
TECH Fanatic
10 Year Member

That wasn't an insult IMO. Guess it depends on your area too. Back home foxbodies are still going for 2-3 K with a clean body and a "stockish" 302. I've seen full race ready mustangs with cages go for 5K and they were much cleaner than that with 351s and built 302's. This is a nice cruiser with a sweet suspension, but like I said in the end it is still a project car and it is still a 1990 mustang. Hes just going to have to find someone who wants to pay what he wants to ask for it.
Old 11-29-2008 | 12:16 PM
9 Second Club

Not being a dick but I agree with summerwolf. It looks like you did a good job but to get 8-10K I think it would need fresh paint, clean up the wiring, and cleaner interior. I hope you do get 10K out of it, it's all about finding someone who wants exactly what you have.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Need opinions on what my LSX Mustang is worth...