Sponsored by:

1dirtyZ's conversion conversion :D

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 03:55 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eviltwin_1987

those welds =
will dude if you see the hole car you will know that this is the best fenishing on it also if it works y fix it
Old 01-27-2009, 04:12 AM
8 Second Club

very well said
Old 01-31-2009, 04:09 AM
8 Second Club

went to the track this weekend ,, track was horrible , no one made a clean pass. i managed to run a 10.2 lifting 3 times ( one of them was a complete lift till i regained control). i know this thing has mid to low 9's in it easy!

just sucks the track was not there . it was so bad that they actually had to cancell round 3 of the championship ,,,, it was so humid and wet it was not safe at all to run.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:59 AM
8 Second Club

man its been ages since i updated this thread!!

here's a quick update till i get some pics:

- switched to a carb style efi GMPP intake manifold and edelbrock low profile elbow
- installed a snow performance carb spacer with meth. nozzle bungs
- got a new set of DR's along the slicks i already had.
- converted to a #bar SD tune
- ported the headers ( they were nasty from the inside)
- got the heads ported and cleaned up

thats it as far as i can remeber

next up is getting it tuned , lower tubuar front controll arms, cutting the lower core support and welding i decent looking one, and later down the road swapping to a cog drive setup.

on a side note , i got a set of dynatech swap headers and tried them, they almost fit ( driver side was ok but pass hit the frame). i think this is due to the fact that i used the 4.6 k-member and mounts , as opposed to the ls1 specific k-member . from pics i came across it seems that the ls1 specifit k-member sets the engine higher up and forward in the engine compartment compared the the 4.6 ; wich leads me to beleive that the headers were designed with a ls1 k-member in mind.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:34 AM
8 Second Club

got a base SD tune in the car now , just need to fine tune it now. i also got the lower control arms in .

i also looked back at the placement of the meth nozzle after reading a thread about placing it there ( in the carb spacer) , and noticed that the methanol will be siphoned in while cruising . so i'm thinking of just sticking a single nozzle back into the intake tube going to the throttle body.

pics of the intake :

Old 12-14-2009, 03:46 AM
8 Second Club

more updates as i get some stuff done to this thing

i decided to ditch the stock f body radiator infavor of the becool one i had on the camaro, only problem is that the becool one is soo much thicker than the stocker which meant i had to move it forward some more to clear the blower inlet tube.
long story short i hacked up the front end

i cut both upper and lower core supports and fabbed up a tubelar unit that bolts to where the bumper used to mount. this way i'll have the nose of the car, radiator and intercooler all mounted on that unit as well as the front (inside) bumper.

bye bye core support:

dead core

and here is how it looks now ( radiator is going to sit a bit lower , didn't have a smaller box to sit it on ) - and the welds look alot nicer in person

bottom side will have tabs for the radiator and intercooler , and the top side will have tabs for the nose of the car and radiator.
when that is done , i'll weld the other ( thicker ) tube to the side plates to form a bumper and to use also as a mounting point for the top of the intercooler .
Old 01-12-2010, 04:03 AM
8 Second Club

got everything squared away and done

i also got the new headlights and side markers in and on the car .

here are some pics of the finished product :

with the intercooler on :

clearance between blower inlet and radiator :

and the final unit all prettied up and ready to install with the front bumper :

i still have to take pics of the front end on with the new blingy lights

next up is to beat the crap out of it to see how the latest mods work.

after that the following :

-remove the carb spacer with the meth nozzle ( to gain some hood clearance)
-try to get the other fiberglass hood on there
-relocate the meth nozzle to the charge pipe.
-mess with the tune
- i might even mess with the interior a bit to "pretty it up "
Old 01-16-2010, 12:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

looking good man! 7's?????
Old 01-19-2010, 12:18 AM
8 Second Club

In the 1/8th mile maybe
Old 04-02-2011, 05:13 PM
8 Second Club

good lord ! its been over a year since i updated this thread and almost a year since i took the car out on the street !

well i don't remeber what i did since last year but i know i put in a tiny filter ( just like the one on the camaro ) for street driving - i'll have to get a pic of that .

also got a 3 bar SD tune on there- nothing agressive at all , its pump gas friendly

also went to bahrain a few months ago to try to see what it would do in the 1/4 , and in my rush i forgot to take the filter off and take a peek under the car , well the result was a roasted shifter cable ( from the open headers) and after launching like i was at a traffic light (1.9 sixtyfoot if i recall correctly ) and hitting the rev limiter on both shiftgs for what seemed like forever ,,,,, i got a 10.2

so i know it has much more in it , then there was the dyno pulls : i took the car to the rollers to get it tuned and long story short, ran out of fuel , it was late , and the damn thing was spinning on the dyno so they couldn't get accurate numbers , but i guess the tune was good cause it made 700ish rwhp

then there was this week's "outing" :

i slapped on the 4 year old drag radials ( cause the the 6 year old slicks where showing some cracks on the side walls ) and went out the racing spot , had a few runs where the car did very well from a roll (no one wants from a dig ,,,, which was fine by me ), then i races a new skyline GTR that was running on C16 and had a bunch of work done - the car is known to be fast over here and was making some where in the 900 flywheel hp range ; i raced him twice , the first was from a 50 mph roll and with the filter on , where he had the jump which ended with him beating me by about two car lengths .
but man was this thing pulling !
then we raced again from a 70 mph roll without my filter and with him getting the jump again : this time my junk spun all the way through 2nd gear and hit the rev limiter , but as soon as i shifted into third the pile launched forward and then i started reeling him in till the finish line - about 1/2 mile - where i was on his rear bumper .

but then this happened

or i guess it couldn't handle the pressure ,,,, or i forgot to conncet the BOV hose - i'll have to check this when i get back to the garage .

all in all i'm pretty surprised how well the pile worked and performed : asses were hauled to say the least

i guess next time i'll make sure to log some runs to see if all is going well .

and i should have some vids and pics up soon .

Long lives the Junk!
Old 04-09-2011, 04:14 AM
8 Second Club

I think i found a small leak

Old 04-10-2011, 05:01 PM
8 Second Club

well we went out this weekend to a spot that i now consider street racing heaven ( more than 6 miles of straight , smooth , un iteruppted , non intersected , in the middle of no where yet close , wide street )

this place can qualify to land the shuttle

any how enough with my ramblings, we went out to mess around and for a good friend to test out some mods he made. i basically just slapped another intake hose on ( didn't even take it off the trailer ) . we also messed around with a radar gun and some logging software.

any how here are a few races that i filmed as soon as i got there :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp3qYWoOEfo
Old 04-11-2011, 01:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man that blower sounds sicccc nasty, can't wait to hear it with the cog setup.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:47 AM
Teching In

youv been busy
Old 04-11-2011, 04:18 PM
8 Second Club

looool, you have no idea

man you should see this place , absolute racing heaven! you can eaisilt test top speed there !
abumussad found it and took us there
Old 04-16-2011, 09:47 AM
8 Second Club

out again to the same spot for some more testing .
the the car was never taken off the trailer since last week
we went out on the promise of racing some bikes ,,,, but it was a no show

so we just messed around some more and "broke in the street some more
i\m guessing next time out we'll mark out the starting line, 1/4 mile, and 1/2 mile lines and most likely start laying some VHT for some "launch" testing

any how , here are a few vids of some of the races that took place.

me and a porsche twin turbo from a dig , i launched in 2nd and it didn't help - i need to swap out the 3.55 rear end ratio to a 3.27 to help with traction :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP5DxRzYDbQ

incar footage :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB16xvijuYo

me and the same skyline from the last time from a 40 kph (30mph) roll , started in second :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UCEhJcRefk

same race but from an 80 kph (50mph) roll , in second gear:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5r2cpwgF48

i'm thinking to spice things up next time i might bump the timing up a few degrees ( more like 5 deg. ) or maybe put some decent gas (not pump gas) and really light up the whick
Old 04-16-2011, 11:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Love the build, yea bump her up a little bit and put that white skyline to shame. Keep up the good builds
Old 04-16-2011, 01:25 PM
Staging Troll

wow love the project! all you need is more traction altho a little rev limiter action is nice
Old 05-15-2011, 03:51 AM
8 Second Club

speaking of traction we went out last weekend for some "testing" . i guess i have more evidence i need new tires ( these 5 year old drag radials are not cutting it anymore )

here is a video of one of the races with a F1C 6.0 camaro from something like a 30 mph roll in 2nd gear , check out the sideways action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MLfWzPmn-U

and here it is from an onboard camera , this footage is of two races , the firs is the one above , then we turn back for another hit ,,,, where it gets prety sideways and i had to let off ( check out 2:40 when heading back and look at how long the skid marks are from the first launch, you need to adjust the screen brightness to see them sorry )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlqzJ...eature=related

any how , i guess its getting a bit warm for racing here now : so its time for improovements again

i think i need a transmission refresh , the thing is getting warm after a couple of races , i also need to relocate the trans cooler from inside the left fender to another place .
another thing that i have been wanting to do for a while is redo the current exhaust ; right now its 2.5" dual pipes with ann x pipe and some mufflers made by the shop that made my exhaust. the bends in the system look ugly and neck down at every bend , so i need to replace them with something decent and a set of dynomax mufflers i had for this project since noah boarded his ship.

another thing i should look at is fixing the rear brakes ,,,, cause they don't work and while i'm on that matter , swap out the rear with the other rear (3.55 to 3.27) to make it a bit more street friendly .
Old 02-17-2012, 10:25 PM
Staging Troll

any updates? love reading your build threads!

Quick Reply: 1dirtyZ's conversion conversion :D