Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carb Guys, what do I want?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 11:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We dynoed my 5.3 with a 750 Quick Fuel, down leg boosters, mech. secondaries. Worked very well natural, and on nitrous. A little more expensive than a Demon, but I think they are worth it.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rojs234
You're welcome ... I am running the Lokar stainless TV cable with a small piece of linkage from Bowtie Overdrives that lets you adjust the travel so you get full travel on the TV valve. THIS IS SOMETHING THAT HAS TO BE RIGHT!!! ... One more thing. If you can't find the linkage you need from a sponsor, Bowtie Overdrives has a linkage kit made specifically for the Demon carburetors.
Is that linkage piece something specific to your Edelbrock carb? I have all the Lokar stuff and the instructions don't say anything about an additional part being needed other than the correct stud for mounting the cable end. I'll look around on Bowtie's site and see about it...

Thanks!

Russ
Old 07-26-2008, 06:12 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by S10xGN
Is that linkage piece something specific to your Edelbrock carb? I have all the Lokar stuff and the instructions don't say anything about an additional part being needed other than the correct stud for mounting the cable end. I'll look around on Bowtie's site and see about it...

Thanks!

Russ
Yes, the piece I mentioned is I think actually for an AFB, but it fits the Edelbrock also. It is a small laser cut piece that lets you adjust the travel of the TV valve so that it moves the instant the throttle moves and pulls it fully open when the throttle blades reach full open. This is extremely important with the 2004R and also, apparently with the 700R4. If you go on Bowtie's site, click on the TV valve stuff and read their explanationof it and look through their kits for various carbs. I didn't see your post about buying the HP Holley until after I posted or I would have told you they make kits for the various Holley models also. I also went back and re-read your original post and finally noticed the 3600 Vig convertor. I still think I'm going to try an annular booster carb, but the carb you bought should work fine since it will probably flash above 3600. Back to the subject! Jeg's and Summit both have what they call geometry correction brackets that bolt on the linkage on your carb also. You might look into these. Just be sure that it is RIGHT so you don't ruin your trans!!! Whoops, sorry to keep running on, but if you need me to, I will take a picture of the linkage and post it. Just say the word, and give me a little time to do it. Good luck!
Old 07-27-2008, 05:45 AM
TECH Junkie

... Jeg's and Summit both have what they call geometry correction brackets that bolt on the linkage on your carb also. You might look into these. Just be sure that it is RIGHT so you don't ruin your trans!!! Whoops, sorry to keep running on, but if you need me to, I will take a picture of the linkage and post it. Just say the word, and give me a little time to do it. Good luck!
Pix would be great! I've got a 200R/Vig 3400 in my GN powered S-10 and know how finicky the cable setup can be. I'll prolly set it up and adjust it while the eng/trans is out of the car.

Russ
Old 07-27-2008, 11:13 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by S10xGN
Pix would be great! I've got a 200R/Vig 3400 in my GN powered S-10 and know how finicky the cable setup can be. I'll prolly set it up and adjust it while the eng/trans is out of the car.

Russ
You got it Russ. I will do it here in a little while. I'll try to post it late this evening. If I can find the pictures and instructions I got with the trans, I will see if I can do anything with them also. If worst comes to worst, you can PM me your e-mail address and I can e-mail you a printed copy. By the way, TCI has come out with what they call a constant pressure valv body, Summit #TCI-386020, which is supposed to keep you from burning up the trans if the TV valve is mis-adjusted. You might check it out. Later.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:16 PM
TECH Regular

I got around a little sooner than I expected. I hope these give you an idea what is needed. Just click on the thumbnails, and hopefully they will enlarge enough that you can see some detail. As you will see, the piece on my carb has been modified. I was originally trying to use the L76 FI intake and was trying to use it on a bracket I made for the throttle body. Anyway, the kit they sent with trans. was called a SB Universal and had the little laser cut piece and an ugly bracket and an ugly TV cable that was about a foot too long. Price was $44.00. Don't know if they sell the piece separate, or if they sell a similar piece for a Holley. As you can see, what it does is change the length of the radius from the throttle shaft and it can also change the rate? which affects the shift timing. Hope this helps. If you can't see or read them clearly enough, you can PM me and I will print off all 4 pages and either mail them to you or we can try e-mail.
Attached Thumbnails Carb Guys, what do I want?-cp14.jpg   Carb Guys, what do I want?-cp113.jpg   Carb Guys, what do I want?-cp114.jpg   Carb Guys, what do I want?-cp116.jpg   Carb Guys, what do I want?-cp117.jpg  

Old 07-27-2008, 02:28 PM
TECH Junkie

I got around a little sooner than I expected. I hope these give you an idea what is needed. Just click on the thumbnails, and hopefully they will enlarge enough that you can see some detail. As you will see, the piece on my carb has been modified. I was originally trying to use the L76 FI intake and was trying to use it on a bracket I made for the throttle body. Anyway, the kit they sent with trans. was called a SB Universal and had the little laser cut piece and an ugly bracket and an ugly TV cable that was about a foot too long. Price was $44.00. Don't know if they sell the piece separate, or if they sell a similar piece for a Holley. As you can see, what it does is change the length of the radius from the throttle shaft and it can also change the rate? which affects the shift timing. Hope this helps. If you can't see or read them clearly enough, you can PM me and I will print off all 4 pages and either mail them to you or we can try e-mail.
Thanks! That looks like the "Edelbrock" version of this item for the Holley I bought. I'll be ordering one on my next Jeg's order now that I know it fits.

Russ

Quick Reply: Carb Guys, what do I want?