Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rant about wiring, please read

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 09:08 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"musclecar" or any of that powerblock crap is a bad example. Those guys are just peddlin parts. Now as far as anyone elses car goes, messy engine bays just make yours look better.
I understand your point though. Years ago when I built my 5.0 ranger, I just got it in there and running, wires everywhere. But I learned alot on that truck and my skills are better now. I shaved all the extra holes and painted the engine bay in the fox I just built, and I can take alot more pride in that car. But they both run great, and now i'm going back and making the ranger bettter.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:22 AM
On The Tree

This place sells grommets up to over 2" diameter. I used the 1.5 and depinned the computer to run it through.

As to the Olds it was an amazing build and I still use your build as an example of great use of custom panels with my friends (I wish I had the tools or the skills to make stuff like that for my chevelle.)

While Matt and I have had discussions in the past and he tends to take unreasonable extreme stances his original position is one that I agree with. When you spend all the time and effort on a top quality swap like yours it strikes me as very odd to not spend the extra couple hundred dollars in materials and weekend or two of time to fix the wiring so that it does not detract from your engine bay.

With probably the same cost and time as it took to build those very cool engine covers you could hide 75% or more of those wires and make that engine bay look much more clean.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:25 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Novaman
"musclecar" or any of that powerblock crap is a bad example. Those guys are just peddlin parts. Now as far as anyone elses car goes, messy engine bays just make yours look better.
I understand your point though. Years ago when I built my 5.0 ranger, I just got it in there and running, wires everywhere. But I learned alot on that truck and my skills are better now. I shaved all the extra holes and painted the engine bay in the fox I just built, and I can take alot more pride in that car. But they both run great, and now i'm going back and making the ranger bettter.
I tried watching one of those shows a few weeks back and it was just painful. There was at best 5-8 min of build time in a 30 min show. After the normal 8 min or commercials the remaining 22 min were wasted with an extensive intro for the other power block shows, 10 min of pimping random unrelated products and a section featuring a car that was absolutely nothing special just because it was owned by another sponsor.

Quick Reply: Rant about wiring, please read