48.75%
I think it would look terrible
11.25%
I will wait to see the prototype to judge
37.50%
I would buy one for sure
8.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Trans Ams Who would be interested in the coupe wing?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 07:23 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK.... It's been a month and a day since we last heard from you... Quit slacking and get to work!!! J/K

Any updates?

DM
Old 04-26-2010, 08:24 PM
FormerVendor

Ya sorry. I spent most of March in Germany with the National Guard, which cost me a high $$$ job opportunity. I have LA Invasion coming in 1 month (that I plan) so unfortunatly this fell on the back burner again.

I have someone who can finish it and I have another company that will make a mold send it overseas and with 10 preorders will make them. The only problem is that with this economy I don't have the extra moula to spare (hense the job hunt)

My goal is to get it done this year, but $$$ will certainly speed the process.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Stroker396@APF
Ya sorry. I spent most of March in Germany with the National Guard, which cost me a high $$$ job opportunity. I have LA Invasion coming in 1 month (that I plan) so unfortunatly this fell on the back burner again.

I have someone who can finish it and I have another company that will make a mold send it overseas and with 10 preorders will make them. The only problem is that with this economy I don't have the extra moula to spare (hense the job hunt)

My goal is to get it done this year, but $$$ will certainly speed the process.

In the 300GT community, about 99% of our stuff was custom since there's no real market for the cars. We just did a partial buy-in to get the money together so the product could be made. Once you get the finished one-off produced for show, I am sure you will not have any issues getting preorders to start the bulk process. Do you even have an idea on the cost of a ready for market piece?

Just something to consider.

DM
Old 06-06-2010, 09:59 PM
FormerVendor

Ok Heres the deal. I just got done with hosting the 3rd www.losangelesinvasion.com it sucks up a lot of time.

I have a couple of options
1. I go to Afghanistan with the military
2. I go to Afghanistan as a contractor
3. I land the job as Dragstrip manager this week (longshot)
4. Wife finally gets a job!

So if option 2 happens I will get this thing made no problem. But 1 & 2 are not until August.

So if you guys seriously want this thing it is possible to get a pool going and get this thing finished and then everyone who pitched in would get the spoiler at cost.

It can run up to $1000 to finish it, probably less (which is why I was trying to do as much as I could) Then the mold will cost $750 So we would need to raise $1750 or so.

That would be $175ea if we got 10 people who seriously want this thing. I have no problem overseeing it to completion. I can't give an estimate of the final cost, but judging from working with Trufiber I am guessing it will be about $400-$500 for those who pitch in (on top of the 175) Mainly because it is a trunk lid and a spoiler.

You can ask the 1000 or so people about my rep/trustwortiness etc... I refunded anyone who broke before the event and could not race, I do what i say I will do.

If you see me "Banned" on here, I will be back, I have discontinued our sponsorship of LS1tech and their policy is to Ban people for that!

Post up if you are interested in joining a pool.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:01 AM
Teching In

Thumbs up 4th gen verte coupe spoiler pool

I'd be interested in joining a pool at $175 each.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GregAbell60143
If you want to see what the coupe WS6 wing looks like on a WS6 convert:

http://www.fquick.com/Wallywimple

You can see how much longer it is - to create a "correct" looking spoiler is going to take quite a bit of fabrication. I'd like to see a prototype, before passing judgement
Originally Posted by dakkrin
I think that wing sticks out the back too far, otherwise that would be awesome
I agree.... it sets too far back... should have moved the mount more forward and mounted it like on a T/A couple.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:26 PM
FormerVendor

That is a completely custom one off wing and that picture is on this thread in one of the pages. It is wider lower and longer than stock. It does not represent what this would be at all. The wing & hatch I started with is from a coupe and in the pictures I posted you can get a very good look at what it will end up looking like. (I forgot which page 2 or 3 I think)
Old 06-16-2010, 12:10 AM
TECH Resident

I would be in for a pool, as long as we get enough people together before hand. This is one of the major things Ive wanted to do to the bird since I got it.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Stroker396@APF
Ok Heres the deal. I just got done with hosting the 3rd www.losangelesinvasion.com it sucks up a lot of time.

I have a couple of options
1. I go to Afghanistan with the military
2. I go to Afghanistan as a contractor
3. I land the job as Dragstrip manager this week (longshot)
4. Wife finally gets a job!

So if option 2 happens I will get this thing made no problem. But 1 & 2 are not until August.

So if you guys seriously want this thing it is possible to get a pool going and get this thing finished and then everyone who pitched in would get the spoiler at cost.

It can run up to $1000 to finish it, probably less (which is why I was trying to do as much as I could) Then the mold will cost $750 So we would need to raise $1750 or so.

That would be $175ea if we got 10 people who seriously want this thing. I have no problem overseeing it to completion. I can't give an estimate of the final cost, but judging from working with Trufiber I am guessing it will be about $400-$500 for those who pitch in (on top of the 175) Mainly because it is a trunk lid and a spoiler.

You can ask the 1000 or so people about my rep/trustwortiness etc... I refunded anyone who broke before the event and could not race, I do what i say I will do.

If you see me "Banned" on here, I will be back, I have discontinued our sponsorship of LS1tech and their policy is to Ban people for that!

Post up if you are interested in joining a pool.
I bet this Jackass went and got himself a job at PowerTVonline. So much for going overseas. Well hopefully he finishes the prototype this year! I think it will look good.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LA Invasion
I bet this Jackass went and got himself a job at PowerTVonline. So much for going overseas. Well hopefully he finishes the prototype this year! I think it will look good.
Nice first post. Welcome to the forum...
Old 07-08-2010, 08:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dubga
Nice first post. Welcome to the forum...
lol Thanks. actually this was my first post https://ls1tech.com/forums/western-m...t-new-job.html

but it does not count towards the post count
Old 07-08-2010, 09:14 PM
Banned

Hey Stroker! I sent you an Email since you don't have a PM option. Let me know if you got it

DM
Old 07-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Devils Mentor
Hey Stroker! I sent you an Email since you don't have a PM option. Let me know if you got it

DM
I got it and I sent you back the total hook up.

I said I would be back lol.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:20 PM
Banned

Question

I got it and I sent you back the total hook up.

I said I would be back lol.

DM
Old 07-09-2010, 12:21 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Devils Mentor

DM
When you cancel your sponsrship they lock your account. So you have to create a new one, hense LA Invasion. I emailed you back at your hotmail address.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:57 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

When you cancel your sponsrship they lock your account. So you have to create a new one, hense LA Invasion. I emailed you back at your hotmail address.
Do'h!

lol, I did not realize that you had changed up names/accounts, lol... I was like, who is this guy and why is he ******* with me, lol.

Thanks for the info Bro, I will deff give Steve (was that his name... it's getting late, lol) a call. Do you know what kind of jobs they are placing for and what skills are needed. When I was in theater, I was there for my management background. well I guess this really ain't the place for this conversation, I don't want to clutter your thread, I will PM you

Thanks again Bro!

DM
Old 07-09-2010, 10:06 AM
Teching In

I put the job description in the email.

I am checking with my Buddy 6LITEREATER about taking over this project to see it to fruition. He is still a sponsor on tech and specializes in appearance mods. We had talked about it previously.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

lol Thanks. actually this was my first post https://ls1tech.com/forums/western-m...t-new-job.html

but it does not count towards the post count
I didn't realize it was you!! Hey, I was just trying to stand up for ya!!
Old 07-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Consider it taken over
Old 07-09-2010, 08:34 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm going to price getting it made in the states and price China. Either way I'll need ten people pre-paid (for the part, you pay shipping later) before we move forward. I'll have pics of the prototype first.

Mark has taken this to the 90 yard line so it'll be easy and quick for us to run it for you guys...

Quick Reply: Trans Ams Who would be interested in the coupe wing?