Convertible Vehicles Enthusiasts | Information | Maintenance

Vert Floor Mats Different Than Coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 04:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vert Floor Mats Different Than Coupe?

I found some new oem floor mats for sale, but the ad says they only fit the coupe and not convertibles. I don't know anyone with a coupe that I can do a direct comparison, but I have never noticed a difference in the floor in the seating areas. And places that do custom mats (like Lloyds) don't mention anything where you have to select coupe or convertible.

Is there a difference?
Old 10-26-2010, 07:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

coupe mats are wider.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Really? I could see the rear ones being a little different since the panels beside the seats are shaped different, but why would the front ones be wider?
Old 10-27-2010, 09:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

because the vert floor pan is smaller, I've seen both mats side by side theres a big difference.

when I did my tan to ebony interior change I used a carpet molded form a coupe, it was about 4 in's shorter in the back, and I had to trim off at least 2 in's form each side to get it to fit right.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow, that is surprising. I can see it being shorter front-to-back, but I never would have guessed that it was shorter side-to-side. I am going to email Lloyds Mats and ask what they do with their mats. I don't see anything in their order process where you specify coupe or convertible.

Thanks for the info. If I get a response from them I will post it here. Maybe it will help others out.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here is the response I got from Lloyds:

"We do not have a separate pattern for the convertible which tells me there is no difference. Since the vehicle is a 96 and to date we have not had any complaints I think we are safe to say the hard top will be just fine for your vehicle. We have also attached a photo of the mats for you to compare to the flooring of your vehicle. We trust this will answer your questions."

I guess they are using some pattern in between the sizes which works for both. Do you know how much wider the front floor mats were for the coupe? The ones I am looking at are oem, and the site says they don't make the vert mats any more. So I am just curious if the coupe ones will actually fit without looking out of place.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:27 PM
Teching In

You got me wondering. I bought a set of NOS GM mats and put them away about a year ago. Since I have a 2002 Vert I was concerned that there might be a difference. I just went out and checked and there is no difference between the original mats (front or rear) in the car and the GM set that I bought. The NOS set did not reference a particular body style, just 2002 f-body.

On the other hand, I checked the 2002 Accessories brochure and it lists different sets for Coupe and Convertible for the carpeted mats but no body style difference for the all season rubber mats.

You could get someone to measure their original mats and double check with that vendor to make sure their mats will fit before you buy them.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

heres the coupe mats

and the vert

good luck trying to find OEM 96 graphite mats, I couldn't so I went with the gm ebony.

BTW 94-02 verts are all the same as far as carpet and mats go, just different color shades.
Old 10-30-2010, 05:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I went ahead and ordered them. They are the 93-96 graphite mats. Will post up how they fit once I get them.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The coupe mats fit great!!
Now to clean my carpet so it matches.
Attached Thumbnails Vert Floor Mats Different Than Coupe?-105_0563.jpg   Vert Floor Mats Different Than Coupe?-105_0564.jpg   Vert Floor Mats Different Than Coupe?-105_0565.jpg   Vert Floor Mats Different Than Coupe?-105_0566.jpg  
Old 11-07-2010, 11:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Interestingly, SLP sells a coupe and convertible version of its SS floor mats -- so maybe there IS a difference in 98-02 Camaros?!

Coupe:
http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=10446

'Vert:
http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=10447
Old 11-08-2010, 11:21 PM
9 Second Club

I was just getting ready to post the same question because my driver side one is about shot in my '99 TA vert. I've checked ebay and sets are different and I noticed the same thing a posted above... the vert ones are narrower. Pretty sure its because the floor pan is narrower due to the factory "framerails" underneath.

My car currently has a coupe driver side mat in it which fits ok but is definitely too wide. Not sure what I'm going to do yet... might search ebay a bit.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I phoned SLP, and they said they ARE different, due to the additional bracing in convertibles...
Old 11-12-2010, 02:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes, the coupe mats are wider, as shown in the pics posted by fbody96rs above. I compared the coupe mats I ordered to my stock mats. It appears that the coupe mats have some extra that sticks out on the outboard side of each mat. The vert mats stop right where the floor pan slant up at the door sill. I actually like the extra material of the coupe mats because it runs up on the sill and covers a little extra area that was just getting dirty and stained. As you can see in the pics I posted above, they still fit very well. The mats aren't bunched up or creased. If you didn't see the two different mats side-by-side, you would never guess that they didn't come with the car.

Quick Reply: Vert Floor Mats Different Than Coupe?