Convertible Vehicles Enthusiasts | Information | Maintenance

Glass seperating from fabric top!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2023, 02:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by NC01TA
@Biggieal96 This is a 12+ year old thread. Very few of us are here anymore.

Hence the reason I started the FB group

Just bust'n ya ***** bro
The following users liked this post:
NC01TA (07-17-2023)
Old 07-17-2023, 02:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Biggieal96
There are many tutorials on how to fox on YouTube. Rhino glue and glass suction cups. No need to but a whole new top.

Robbins Top is the best A/M top we can get, outside of full on custom. I have bought a few tops from Robbins, was even one of the last to get the lifetime warranty, now it's 5 years, IIRC. But even the glass fell out of one of my new top, less than 2 years after install, but I still suggest them because, again, they're still the best option we have. I spoke to Doug Robbins, himself, and I asked about the glue they used, after my issue, in less than 2 years, and he said it's the best that they are allowed to use, due to California bullshit regulations. He said there are stronger glues, but California won't allow it, soooo...

I go through Topsonline.com. They were the cheapest, when I first did my research, plus they have everything to replace everything. There might be cheaper places, now, but I'm use to dealing with them.

I literally just bought a new top, glass, cables, pads and headliner, for the new Bird I just bought, last week.

Old 07-17-2023, 02:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Biggieal96
There are many tutorials on how to fox on YouTube. Rhino glue and glass suction cups. No need to but a whole new top.
I completely forgot about this, but I have a brand new rear curtain with defrost glass. The guy I bought the bird from, bought it to replace his glass for the same issue. I just bought a complete kit so that the warranty will be in my name, so I don't need this glass. It's black.

Let me know if you want it.

Feel free to review my trader rating
Old 07-17-2023, 04:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 843 Likes on 645 Posts

3M body adhesive might hold the glass to the fabric if the fabric is in good shape.

Quick Reply: Glass seperating from fabric top!