Convertible Vehicles Enthusiasts | Information | Maintenance

3 Point SFC's???

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 10:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Getting to finally get to do these tomorrow. Two questions though. What should the bolt torque be on the bolts (front, center, rear) and should the center plate go above or below the plate on your torque arm relocation bracket? Thanks!
Old 10-24-2011, 09:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DropTopBird
Getting to finally get to do these tomorrow. Two questions though. What should the bolt torque be on the bolts (front, center, rear) and should the center plate go above or below the plate on your torque arm relocation bracket? Thanks!
What I did for torque on the bolts was 50lbs for the front, 30lbs for the center, and I believe the instructions said 72lbs for the rear. I believe also the instructions said the torque arm relocation bracket goes below the center mounting point of the SFC's...meaning the center plate on the SFC is touching the underside of the car. Hope that helps and good luck with the install.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Put mine on last week and they made a great difference. Took me about 2 hours to get them put on, but that was with the hassel of trying to get the car off of the ground (took about an hour). I definitely think they were one of the best mods suspension wise for a convertible.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:33 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by carguy_24
What I did for torque on the bolts was 50lbs for the front, 30lbs for the center, and I believe the instructions said 72lbs for the rear. I believe also the instructions said the torque arm relocation bracket goes below the center mounting point of the SFC's...meaning the center plate on the SFC is touching the underside of the car. Hope that helps and good luck with the install.
Thanks for that info. Ill work with those figures until UMI chimes in. Unfortunately mine didnt come with any instructions
Old 10-24-2011, 01:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DropTopBird
Thanks for that info. Ill work with those figures until UMI chimes in. Unfortunately mine didnt come with any instructions
Per UMI, torque the control arm bolts to 72 ft lbs. If they make any noise, re-torque them to 90-100 ft lbs.

On the center mount, the plate of your SFC should be touching the car.

Install instructions attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Old 10-24-2011, 03:22 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks again!
Old 10-24-2011, 03:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Tyler_PinkertonZ28
Put mine on last week and they made a great difference. Took me about 2 hours to get them put on, but that was with the hassel of trying to get the car off of the ground (took about an hour). I definitely think they were one of the best mods suspension wise for a convertible.
Thanks for the info on the installation time Tyler. I was hesitating to open the big box sitting in my garage from UMI, thinking that it would be an all day job... If these firm the car as much as the SLP strut rod, the car should be quite a bit tighter.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

The car is way tighter. It is incredible. I was taking turns at speeds that I never would have tried before I installed them. It came to the point where my seats didn't offer enough support to hold me while going around some of the turns. It may be time to buy some recaros.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll say my car was stiffer for the drive home after getting the SFC's installed. Took some curves faster then normal and didn't feel body roll...just my seat's lumbar support not holding me as good as before.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:24 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by carguy_24
I'll say my car was stiffer for the drive home after getting the SFC's installed. Took some curves faster then normal and didn't feel body roll...just my seat's lumbar support not holding me as good as before.

Glad to hear they worked well for you.

If anyone has some results please post, we like hearing them.

Unfortunately I haven't driven my car since I installed them, its either on the rack in pieces or at a show

Ryan

Quick Reply: 3 Point SFC's???