Convertible Vehicles Enthusiasts | Information | Maintenance

Windstop for sebring?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 02:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windstop for sebring?

hi

would a windstop for sebring fit 4th gen vert? I am having a hard time finding one for my 99 ss vert, and i am trying not to pay $300 for one, if i can.

thanks!
Old 06-03-2011, 08:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

I can't imagine a Chrysler product fitting a GM product. Even if you could rig up something it might look really funky. Why do you want one so bad? I don't have one in any of my three 'verts and wouldn't have one for free, never mind paying $$$. Isn't the idea of a 'vert to have the wind and open sky with no hindrances? I think these F-bodies block the wind beautifully compared to other models. My ballcap doesn't even blow off at higher speeds.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:30 PM
Launching!

I want one so i can enjoy my topless driving experience on the freeway. IMO, without one, the wind creates a turbulence and my stuff flies every where, plus the wife cant have her hair down. And she looks hot with her hair down.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

LOL!! Well that explains that. Spend the $$ to get the right one. You want the car to look right, not rigged up with something that doesn't belong. Good luck!
Old 06-04-2011, 04:12 PM
Launching!

My wife put her long hair in a ponytail. I would still get beard lash so she offered to ponytail my beard in front. I passed.. I don't want to start a fight with anyone so I will keep my opinion of windstops to myself.. (Oops)
Old 06-05-2011, 10:46 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GR8RYD
My wife put her long hair in a ponytail. I would still get beard lash so she offered to ponytail my beard in front. I passed.. I don't want to start a fight with anyone so I will keep my opinion of windstops to myself.. (Oops)

I made it a principle in life to never start a fight with anyone that has a long beard. In my book that automatically make them a bad ***.

Although, I am interested to hear your opinion on "windstop" and as to why you have that opinion, since I am brainstorming at the idea at this point.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I was one of those guys that was like there's no way I would put one fo those on my car until I used my buds. I found a used one for 75.00 and gonna say one of the best non horsepower mods I've ever put on my car. Great for driving in cooler weather.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you can't find a windstop??
first place i'd check with is afterthoughts... and found they have them on sale:
http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/camconwin.html

i think i spent less on mine. it really does the trick. thing is you gotta keep the windows up when its up if you're concerned about her hairdo..
it has a way of preventing some air from getting in and back there even when its down - which is how i keep it. can't remember last time i flipped it up, but its always installed unless i've got a rear passenger.

Originally Posted by tmdz28

I made it a principle in life to never start a fight with anyone that has a long beard. In my book that automatically make them a bad ***.

Although, I am interested to hear your opinion on "windstop" and as to why you have that opinion, since I am brainstorming at the idea at this point.
it is true. i had to meet with a customer with a long beard today and the beard somehow told me that this guy was not one to f--k with.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by fastmatt98
Well I was one of those guys that was like there's no way I would put one fo those on my car until I used my buds. I found a used one for 75.00 and gonna say one of the best non horsepower mods I've ever put on my car. Great for driving in cooler weather.
:yes: that's why i want it. I am hoping i can finally pick up a phone call with the top down while driving on the freeway.

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
you can't find a windstop??
first place i'd check with is afterthoughts... and found they have them on sale:
http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/camconwin.html

i think i spent less on mine. it really does the trick. thing is you gotta keep the windows up when its up if you're concerned about her hairdo..
it has a way of preventing some air from getting in and back there even when its down - which is how i keep it. can't remember last time i flipped it up, but its always installed unless i've got a rear passenger.

it is true. i had to meet with a customer with a long beard today and the beard somehow told me that this guy was not one to f--k with.
Ahh, yes. I found them a long time ago, but for $300 shipped is a little steep for me. I know I am being cheap, but if it all comes to rest, i might just bite the bullet and get them at $300
Old 06-06-2011, 02:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by tmdz28

Chuckle. I am anything but a bad ***. I just love convertibles. I guess I just really dislike the looks of a vert with one of those things up. My favorite vert was my 91 Z28 because the lines were so clean with the top down. The wind stop just seems to defeat the lines of a vert. On the other hand, I am a big supporter of owners doing what they want with their cars. My opinion is nothing more than just that. One person's opinion.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Could be good timing but I am selling my windstop with everything included. It is in excellent shape but I can no longer use it since I put a 6-point roll bar in the car. I was bummed it didn't still fit and thought about modifying it but I would probably just mess it up.

Looking for $150 obo + shipping.

Old 06-09-2011, 11:27 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6
Could be good timing but I am selling my windstop with everything included. It is in excellent shape but I can no longer use it since I put a 6-point roll bar in the car. I was bummed it didn't still fit and thought about modifying it but I would probably just mess it up.

Looking for $150 obo + shipping.

[IMG]h.photobucket.com/albums/w170/bmdeluca/Photoshoot/IMG_3769.jpg[/IMG]
PM sent!!
Old 06-28-2011, 08:52 AM
Launching!

So, did you ever get one? If so, how do you like it?
Old 06-28-2011, 09:02 AM
TECH Resident

Wow they must have gone WAY up on price - I'm confident I bought mine for at least $100 less than the posted price now. http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/camconwin.html Got mine at afterthoughts too.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:07 PM
Launching!

Got a great offer for one, but I didnt have enough money 3 weeks ago.

Now I do and still looking for a used one.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Theres 1 in the FS section right now

Quick Reply: Windstop for sebring?