Convertible Vehicles Enthusiasts | Information | Maintenance

black convertible top camaro ss

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 08:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post black convertible top camaro ss

i just recently purchased a 01 camaro ss convertible i was wondering how i can prevent sun damage from happening to the top it is black where i work there are no shaded areas i was thinking of just using a car cover?
Old 08-26-2011, 07:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 516 Likes on 372 Posts

RAGGTOPP fabric protectant. Plain and simple and the best product out there. It has the UV protection and really repels water nicely as well. I have used it for years on all 3 of my verts (1 black top and two tan tops) and no issues whatsoever. The downside? Cost. I have found JC Whitney to have the best prices, especially when they offer free shipping. If no free shipping, get two cans and it technically cuts the shipping cost in half. If I can keep it under $25 per can delivered then I'm happy with that.
** Make sure your top is completely clean and dry before applying the product. Use a lint roller to grab anything else off the cloth material afterwards. Raise the top just a little and tuck large towels all around the windshield and side windows and then put the top back down on top of them. This prevents the product from spraying on the glass (and paint too). It is a pain to clean if you accidentally get some on the glass or paint. Enjoy your new ride!

Last edited by NC01TA; 08-26-2011 at 07:18 AM.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:32 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Another for the RaggTopp protectant. Shop
carefully, bargains can be found.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I'l make you a good deal on a never used ragtop kit, pm to discuss.

Quick Reply: black convertible top camaro ss