Convertible Vehicles Enthusiasts | Information | Maintenance

convertible top wont go down 1995

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default convertible top wont go down 1995

Other day this small black plastic link broke and my top wont go down all the way. Theres one on each side and it snaps on to a ball stud. the cup portion of it broke and wont stay on. the plastic piece itself is made onto a metal U shaped rod that is about 3/16" diameter. Soon as it quits raining I will take a picture unless someone knows what piece I am talking about. I do not know how to go about finding these.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Justin Geer
Other day this small black plastic link broke and my top wont go down all the way. Theres one on each side and it snaps on to a ball stud. the cup portion of it broke and wont stay on. the plastic piece itself is made onto a metal U shaped rod that is about 3/16" diameter. Soon as it quits raining I will take a picture unless someone knows what piece I am talking about. I do not know how to go about finding these.
I know exactly what piece your talking about! My guy that put my new top on reused those and a month after the top was installed, my driver side one broke. I cant find them anywhere! Any help for me too would be great! A temporary fix is to have someone push the down button as you help the top fold into its proper setting. I do this and get it to sit flat like it should. Just a pain in the ***!
Old 05-27-2013, 11:12 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have a pair of the rods with the ends in perfect condition.$60.00 shipped for the pair for anyone interested.

Quick Reply: convertible top wont go down 1995