Convertible Vehicles Enthusiasts | Information | Maintenance

Hard Top Wing on a Vert

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 10:57 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FERNANDO
what forum did you find this at? i'd pay for one if he'll make me one! i would go a little higher though.
ls1.com

Originally Posted by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag
Now that's the best adaptation I've seen so far. He's definately got the right idea. However, I think he's positioned it too far back on the deck lid and the result is a slight "bend" in the line of the wing just above the rear edge of the gas cap door (in above pic) that doesn't look quite right. He probably had to do this to make the front edge of the wing line-up with the "winglets" that are mounted on the rear quarters without making that area look funny. Other than the goofy looking overhang at the rear and the slight bend in the line, it looks pretty good to me.
I agree with you. He said that he positioned the spoiler further back, as can be seen in the in progress pics, but he thought it didn't look right, so he moved it back. It can be cut so that it doesn't stick out as far, the owner just chose not to.
Old 10-06-2006, 02:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah, those last pic definatly look better than the double stacked wing! It all comes down to what u want and can afford, im not gonna knock that first guy for tryin though. Just needs some tweakin and u bird guys should have yourselves a wing!
Old 06-18-2007, 07:19 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heard there was a black blackbird at G11 with the hardtop spoiler. Saw a pic from the front not from the back though.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

The 2nd t/a looks much better, I'm not a fan of the wing on top of a wing
Old 03-29-2017, 09:53 PM

I would definitely buy that custom convertible WS6 TA deck lid if some one created it. I would keep both to swap as I see fit and keep original. I almost pulled the trigger on a t-top version because of the spoiler alone. But I love verts!
Old 03-29-2017, 09:55 PM

Been a few years. Any updates on that REAL vert spoiler?

Quick Reply: Hard Top Wing on a Vert